AVIC411.com

Z1 bluetooth update issues

I am helping someome remotely with a Z1 BT update.

He bought a Z2 hard drive off ebay and I helped him do a 2 wire bypass.

That worked fine but the drive died 8 weeks later.

So he put the original hard drive in but would like to have it bypassed.

Since the 2 wire is complete I thought we just had to do the bluetooth update.

I downloaded the ISO for them and burned the ISO to CD. It appears to work correctly as all the files (or I think all) are on the CD.

When they put in CD it shows CD inserted but nothing takes off.

Is there anything special to do when you insert CD? I could not find instructions on process.

Yea I used a regular program to burn it from an image.

As I said the files and folders are on the CD as they should. I dont have the iso file on the CD. So should be good there.

Press map???

Is this something you are supposed to do? Is there update instructions for it? They just tossed the CD in.

Yes, if you system is on AV no matter how good the burn of the update cd is (if you did it right), the system won't update itself unless you hit the map button. You have to be out of AV and in to the Nav part for the update to start.

Thank you. Will try it.

I'm the owner that he was talking about.

Today I put the disc in and made sure that it was in MAP mode and I got the same results and my wife did yesterday.

When doing this yesterday (said by wife), after she put the CD in, it would just say "CD-ROM Inserted". And it would stay like that until she turned off the HU. She did not know about putting it in "MAP" mode yesterday.

So I tried this once I got home today and made sure that it was in "MAP" mode and I would get the same results. But this time it would say "CD-ROM Inserted" for about 3 seconds and it would not appear again.

Sounds like you didn't burn the cd correctly...I went through about 5 discs before I finally got it right. Use the Avic Iso burning program, it's free and it works. That's what I did the 6th and final time I burned :wink:

Get the cd file here http://www.sminntech.com/AvicBluetoothFix.zip and do a search for the Iso program here on the foums. When you open that program and point it to the folder you saved the cd info in, you'll see the specific icon, that way you know it's what you want. Burn it, finalize it and roll out 8)

Sounds like you didn't burn the cd correctly...I went through about 5 discs before I finally got it right. Use the Avic Iso burning program, it's free and it works. That's what I did the 6th and final time I burned :wink:

Get the cd file here http://www.sminntech.com/AvicBluetoothFix.zip and do a search for the Iso program here on the foums. When you open that program and point it to the folder you saved the cd info in, you'll see the specific icon, that way you know it's what you want. Burn it, finalize it and roll out 8)

Worked like a charm (so far. lol). Thanks guys!