AVIC411.com

Ive been reading various boards for hours Have a few ?'s

Just got my Z1 today (ordered it yesterday)
It is replacing my DEH-960MP

I noticed the BLLACK connector is exactly the same as the Z1 so nothing to do there

On the 960 Im using the PRE-OUTS so nothing to do there

After all the reading etc, it looks like I only need to hook up the following things....
1) the Speed sensor
2) IP Cable for XM tuner (in the back existing from my 960)
3) GPS Antenna
4) EB Wire (Even knowing I have a automatic ??)
5) Illumination.....
6) Plug in FM Antenna

On the illumination cant I install a toggle switch (instead of flicking on headlights... flip switch up to send 12v into it (for the hack) then Back to down position so it will send the power from the illumination )

Does this sound right ?
Do I have to hook up this "EB Wire" ? (I have no idea even where IT or the SPEED Wire is !

Any help would be MUCH MUCH MUCH appreciated You can also AIM me ws6tranzam05

Thanks in adv
Guest bullfeathers autosound
for the eb wire its used for routing options, if you hook it up you lose "on the fly" changes but i think you lose them anyway because of the gyro...but you can just ground it...

the only thing the reverse wire is used for is turning on the back up camera because the gps can tell when you are moving backwards so i dont bother with it...

i have heard that flashing the ill wire only holds it in safe mode/bypassed mode for 3 seconds so i wouldnt bother it at all

anything else
[quote name="bullfeathers autosound"]

i have heard that flashing the ill wire only holds it in safe mode/bypassed mode for 3 seconds so i wouldnt bother it at all

anything else[/quote]

That is not correct. If it's bypassed it's bypassed for at least 20-25 minutes (longest trip I have made after flashing the lights when turning on the car). I have no reason to believe that it wouldn't last till you turn the car off.
[quote name="ducatiboy"] [quote name="bullfeathers autosound"]

anything else[/quote]

That is not correct. If it's bypassed it's bypassed for at least 20-25 minutes (longest trip I have made after flashing the lights when turning on the car). I have no reason to believe that it wouldn't last till you turn the car off.[/quote]

1 hour here. I've driving from VA to canada tomorrow, I'll report back on the results.
  • 2 weeks later...
Yesterday I drove on a 3 hour trip after using the "light flicker" trick. My passengers almost watched 2 movies before we got home. It worked the whole trip. I don't think there is a time limit for the trick.
The bypass is indefinite once flashed, Just took a 13 hour trip to Florida with full navi functions and Video all the way there and all the way back. You can hook a toggle switch to the illum wire to be used as flash, thats how I had my hooked up before installing the pac TR7 for the bypass actually I still have the toggle on there just in case there is some reason I want that brighta@@ screen glowing at night.