AVIC411.com

Avic-D3 bypass a success?

I did the bypass last night...I notice when I start my car and the nav comes up...I get a warning saying the parking brake isn't connected right on the screen...I am able to view maps and press the screen on the map...is this right?

EDIT:

It seems like it isnt working...DVD cuts off at 10mph. I dont see how I did this wrong though...I moved the mute wire from the one location to the one directly above it...connected the parking brake wire on the GMOS-04 harness to the Parking brake wire of the radio...then grounded those two with the MUTE wire....was that right? I thought I followed the directions.

You dont need to connect the parking brake wire to the harness. You should take the Parking Brake Wire(Green) and ground it with your moved Mute Wire(Yellow with Black Stripe), while each is only connected to the D3.

It should Go Like This:

AVIC-D3

l l

l l

l V

l Moved Mute Wire----------

l l

V l

Parking Brake Wire---------V

l

l

V

Ground

Sorry thats the best diagram I can make on a message board. Hope that helps

I did encounter a problem with mine, turns out the stupid accessory plug started coming out...It's a tight fit behind my deck so I must've knocked it loose before, took everything apart a min ago and reinserted the plug, then carefully reinserted the deck...So far so good.