AVIC411.com

whats new in Z3

how depressing, Pioneer really should do some updated features and make more improvements. just a map update and they call it Z3 (funny). It would be better if they were to use the same calculation like google uses when mapping out directions.

this will be my last purchase if nothing happens.

I would at least think they would made some other small improvments. I haven't heard anything though. I just ordered the z3 but I can't really compare between the older models because I never had a Z model before.

well sense only the map data base was update nothing new sense the Z1 came out and thats over 2 years ago.

What's New

For 2008, the AVIC-Z3 replaces the AVIC-Z2 featuring all of the powerful capabilities of its predecessor, while adding some cool new enhancements, including:

Point Addressing

The Z3 gives door-to-door navigation made available via pinpoint address data for many addresses. Many destinations are now geocoded to a precise location, rather than to an address range, making routing more precise than ever before.

3D Landmark Icons and Updated POI Icons

The AVIC-Z3's graphic map interface features 3D landmark icons for airports, amusement parks, golf courses, stadiums, and zoos. These icons appear on the map en route, making them easy to identify.

Traffic Icons and Traffic Flow Lanes

An enhanced display of traffic conditions of a 1.0 ~ 2.5-mile map scales provides maximum navigation efficiency.

Bluetooth Voice Operation*

Dial any of your programmed entries on the internal hard disk phone book with a simple voice command.

*Requires use of ND-BT1 adapter

I guess that's it. Kinda sucks. :(

What's New

For 2008, the AVIC-Z3 replaces the AVIC-Z2 featuring all of the powerful capabilities of its predecessor, while adding some cool new enhancements, including:

Point Addressing

The Z3 gives door-to-door navigation made available via pinpoint address data for many addresses. Many destinations are now geocoded to a precise location, rather than to an address range, making routing more precise than ever before.

3D Landmark Icons and Updated POI Icons

The AVIC-Z3's graphic map interface features 3D landmark icons for airports, amusement parks, golf courses, stadiums, and zoos. These icons appear on the map en route, making them easy to identify.

Traffic Icons and Traffic Flow Lanes

An enhanced display of traffic conditions of a 1.0 ~ 2.5-mile map scales provides maximum navigation efficiency.

Bluetooth Voice Operation*

Dial any of your programmed entries on the internal hard disk phone book with a simple voice command.

*Requires use of ND-BT1 adapter

I guess that's it. Kinda sucks. :(

To make matters even worse :wink: , all the above were actually part of the improvements made with the upgrade from Z1 to Z2, so actually nothing new for the Z3, compared to the Z2 !

Yea not too much of a difference, but the Z3 is only about $200 more than the Z2. $200 is comparable to the price of the Software Update CD's they sell. And theres no telling what kind of fixes they made on the newer models. I have read about multiple issues with the older models freezing etc. I have had my Z3 for a month and so far so good! For an extra $200 I think it's worth getting the newer Z3 model.

Hello

I am new to the forum and just wanted to post a quick question.

Does anyone know when Pioneer will offically release the upgrade DVD for the z1 to z3 unit? i have seen that you can buy upgrade drives on ebay to update the z1 to z3 but didnt know if anyone knew when pioneer will be releaseing their update. I currently have a z1 and have no problems with it, other than it cant find certain locations as I have recently moved. So, it's funny to see the map think that i'm driving through grass when i'm on one of a newly built road ..heh

thanks

Hello

I am new to the forum and just wanted to post a quick question.

Does anyone know when Pioneer will offically release the upgrade DVD for the z1 to z3 unit? i have seen that you can buy upgrade drives on ebay to update the z1 to z3 but didnt know if anyone knew when pioneer will be releaseing their update. I currently have a z1 and have no problems with it, other than it cant find certain locations as I have recently moved. So, it's funny to see the map think that i'm driving through grass when i'm on one of a newly built road ..heh

thanks

Greetings All

I am new to this site and a Tech guy from futureshop told me to get on this site to help out and since I sell pre-load z3 harddrives.

FYI, I am the one selling pre-loaded harddrives of z3 upgrade. I haven’t posted on Ebay yet as I haven't had a chance as I am really busy but a add will be posted soon. Never the less, It will update your z1/z2 to a z3 which includes March 2008 Maps. Your right nothing really changes, but just a few bugs and most importantly new maps rather then 2006 maps and new firmware. Why purchase the upgrade disc from a z1 to z2 for $250bucks, when you can buy the pre-load harddrive for $120CAD + shipping which for another $5 bucks I sell the require tools needed to change the drive with instructions. Or I can simply tell you what two simple tools you need and you can go out and purchase them from a home hardware store near you.

Anyhow Best of luck.

Glad to be hear

Greetings All

I am new to this site and a Tech guy from futureshop told me to get on this site to help out and since I sell pre-load z3 harddrives.

FYI, I am the one selling pre-loaded harddrives of z3 upgrade. I haven’t posted on Ebay yet as I haven't had a chance as I am really busy but a add will be posted soon. Never the less, It will update your z1/z2 to a z3 which includes March 2008 Maps. Your right nothing really changes, but just a few bugs and most importantly new maps rather then 2006 maps and new firmware. Why purchase the upgrade disc from a z1 to z2 for $250bucks, when you can buy the pre-load harddrive for $120CAD + shipping which for another $5 bucks I sell the require tools needed to change the drive with instructions. Or I can simply tell you what two simple tools you need and you can go out and purchase them from a home hardware store near you.

Anyhow Best of luck.

Glad to be hear

Because taking the hard drive out probably voids your warrenty and if your drive screws up the navi, you now have a brick. That's why.

Because taking the hard drive out probably voids your warrenty and if your drive screws up the navi, you now have a brick. That's why.

Actually, I've never seen anything that said it voids your warranty (correct me if I'm wrong, it's very possible that I am) and the navi is ON the drive, so if it "screws it up", you can just pop in your original drive and off you go.