AVIC411.com

Positive aspects of f700/f90

there have been a few threads mentioning the issues that people have had with their f series navs.

Could those that have them mention positive things that they've noticed so far ( i.e accurate navigation, good display, good voice commands, etc)

I've been looking forward for the f90bt for awhile, and Im basically cash-in-hand waiting to buy one. But i'm feeling a little apprehensive if the bluetooth feature isnt functional or if key features have issues.

just wondering if any of the other features have held up.

The animation of the map moving while driving is buttery smoooth. There's no jerkyness to it at all until you zoom in like alll the way.

Also, there is now speed sensitive volume for GPS prompts.

The ability to call up a POI works very well.

OH, and theres no more waiting for XM logos to pop up for the channels.

Well the FM/AM radio works well...and..

1) GPS map does run very smooth

2) iPOD integration works very well (not iPhone)

3) POI works ok. Slightly buggy and locks up.

4) Voice control of music (and music ONLY) works great.

Honestly, I am reaching for great points. I have very high standards, but I think I should if I paid $1200+ dollars for the unit (installation, TONS of adapters for JBL Synthesis, adapters for steering wheel controls, 3 year warranty). If I were you I would wait to buy a unit until these bugs are fixed (I know it's difficult). Honestly I wish I waited, but fortunately I am dealing with a store that is being very reasonable with the situation.

If I were you I would wait to buy a unit until these bugs are fixed (I know it's difficult). Honestly I wish I waited, but fortunately I am dealing with a store that is being very reasonable with the situation.

does anyone else support this idea? i think its a reasonable suggestion, although im very eager to buy it, especially since i think my dealer may be getting it this week. Based on the specs and features etc from the website, i think this unit (f90bt) is amazing...although if all the features dont work as advertised, it clearly detracts very much from the unit. As most, this is a pretty expensive purchase, and although im completely willing to shell out the 1400 or whatever for the unit and install and all that...im not able to afford to buy a crappy unit that im stuck with. I of course wouldnt want to be stuck with something that im not proud of having.

What are the chances of pioneer improving on these issues? and if they do, would you be able to do the updates through the sd card or are those who buy the 'faulty' units will now be stuck with what they have?

The routing has definitely improved. It is also a lot easier to look up POIs and just faster to enter addresses, etc.

And they added intersections and according to the manual the ability to route to a point based on lat/long