AVIC411.com

few questions about f900

I have a d3 right now, and I pretty much am 100% getting rid of it.

When using a d3, you can search for point of interest, but you have to search within a 4 state perimiter and you cant search by nearest one, only my alfabetical letter. This is the worst thing a gps can possibly do

For those with 700s/900s already, can you search by distance? do you have regions still that are 3-4 states big?

also do you know if the maps are the same as the old d3 maps? or are they updated? do you know the year?

If there were to be firmware updates, how would you update it?

Thanks

also do you know if the maps are the same as the old d3 maps? or are they updated? do you know the year?

If there were to be firmware updates, how would you update it?

Thanks

Pioneer has switched from TeleAtlas maps to MSN direct so the maps are said to be better. Also to address your second question, This too was one of my big gripes with my D3 which i just got rid of last tuesday. The Maps were from 2006 and they still havent offered updated disk.

Well they adressed this problem and on the pioneer website it says that you can upload map flash updated databases on the new f-series units by using the SD flash card. How often this will happen, i do not know.

As i said, i sold my D3 last tuesday and have had a F900BT on order from Sonicelectronix since then. I just called them yesterday and they said their vendors just got the units but they wouldnt recieve them till this friday then ship them to us. I will take several pictures and start a new tread on the install.

Thanks

1 more question, I know you can speak commands and artists/playlists to the avic-f series, but can you speak an address with street name or city to the navigation?

also, has anyone tried an iphone with the ipod-ready cable? will it work for audio (i know video probably wont work)? Im planning on getting the new 3G iphone, i know noone tested that yet, but its probably the same as a normal iphone

thanks for the help again

I am using an iphone....it works great with audio, but as you guessed the video does not work. I have no idea why. There is rumors of some kind of chip in the wires now, but I really am getting confused on what they area talking about. Anyways the only other problem which I noticed (and anyone please let me know of you notice the same thing) was that the album art on the iPhone is terrible compared to the iPOD. Once again I have no idea why. Let me know if you've got any other questions. Oh yea, I am using the Pioneer iPOD cable.