AVIC411.com

putting the bluetooth adapter on the windshield was a good idea, but a lot of people like the hidden look and I personally think that it'll make your car more likely to get broken into. Im happy it worked for your, though! :D

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there. :lol:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had my f90bt installed since Saturday the 14th and I have had many problems with the unit many of them have been discussed on this website, the Bluetooth is not one of them. The quality has been pretty good. I have my unit synced with a Samsung i760 and I'm driving a 2007 Mercedes-Benz C280 4matic. I have placed my microphone underneath the steering wheel, so the only complaint that I got was is when the air is on to high they can hear the air rushing across the microphone, but they can still hear me fine and I have no problems hearing the caller on the other end. I am using Verizon. I would think that if you have a high level or road noise that would have a negative effect on your Bluetooth experience, also the service that you use (I.E Signal). My contacts transferred to the phone quickly and without any events. I have not tried to stream media to the unit, even though my phone asks to set up that profile. I just want to use it as a hands free device. Currently I'm in the process of compiling a comprehensive list of the pros and cons of the unit. By the way for the people who are wondering I have Windows mobile 6.0 right now, waiting for 6.1 should be out sometime this month. One of the big things is Threaded text messages. I have not received a text message while I was in the car so I don’t know if they come up or not on the Avic.

In summary there are many problems with the unit, nothing I don't think that firmware will not update, but the Bluetooth operation is not one of them. Hope this helps.

I did one test with the Engine OFF and it sounded great. I then did 5 calls with the engine running. Idle at a stop or driving. ALL terrible.

My wire is indeed looped together next to the HU in the dashboard. I will try "unwinding it" and see what it does.

BTW, My unit is a f900BT

The theory or the voltage going from 12V to 14V is very interesting. I wish someone can try that on a bench. My unit is installed now and I can't really try this easily.

putting the bluetooth adapter on the windshield was a good idea, but a lot of people like the hidden look and I personally think that it'll make your car more likely to get broken into. Im happy it worked for your, though! :D

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there. :lol:

hillarious. except you cant see it thru the black mesh thats there..

meshhg1.jpg

meshhg1.3ea4a5a05a.jpg

not just a theory lol

Sorry I wasn't clear enough on my post. I know that it goes from 12V to around 14V when the alternator is running (I can see that on my car too). The interesting part of the theory is wether or not it impacts Bluetooth quality...

Hope we find the reason soon. This is driving me nuts (among other things)

not just a theory lol

Sorry I wasn't clear enough on my post. I know that it goes from 12V to around 14V when the alternator is running (I can see that on my car too). The interesting part of the theory is wether or not it impacts Bluetooth quality...

Hope we find the reason soon. This is driving me nuts (among other things)

o ok lol i see. it comes from the idea that the other electronics throughout the car can be causing feedback. it more current is flowing through the car while engine is on, it may be causing more feedback. that part is a theory, yes, but at this point any idea can be the cause of it.

Did you guys totally skip over my post on page 3? Maybe you should try this stuff...

I have a Z2 and it was notorious for mic problems. Afew things that helped up in the Z-series forums were:

1) when pairing the phone, make sure the volume is turned less than 1/2 way on the phone

2) set your output to come from the left side only

3) dont turn the output for the voice very high, it can ricochet off the other door and into the mic, causing an echo for the caller on the other end.

Try these things and if they dont work, dig around the Z-series forums. Alot of things were tried and there's plenty of info there.

Did you guys totally skip over my post on page 3? Maybe you should try this stuff...

I have a Z2 and it was notorious for mic problems. Afew things that helped up in the Z-series forums were:

1) when pairing the phone, make sure the volume is turned less than 1/2 way on the phone

2) set your output to come from the left side only

3) dont turn the output for the voice very high, it can ricochet off the other door and into the mic, causing an echo for the caller on the other end.

Try these things and if they dont work, dig around the Z-series forums. Alot of things were tried and there's plenty of info there.

and maybe you should read the topic again..."F-SERIES BLUETOOTH".not Z. your methods might not work. plus they didnt for me and i have a z3.

and maybe you should read the topic again..."F-SERIES BLUETOOTH".not Z. your methods might not work. plus they didnt for me and i have a z3.

Really?!? I guess you know then how long the Bluetooth echo haunted us and these solutions fixed 90% of the problems for us Z owners. Since the f-series are made by the SAME company, the SAME solutions might work...that's just my thought.

I have an F90BT sitting in a box at the house that will be replacing my Z2 but i'm not switching them out until these problems get solved.

Really?!? I guess you know then how long the Bluetooth echo haunted us and these solutions fixed 90% of the problems for us Z owners. Since the f-series are made by the SAME company, the SAME solutions might work...that's just my thought.

I have an F90BT sitting in a box at the house that will be replacing my Z2 but i'm not switching them out until these problems get solved.

im so sorry i didnt write that post, a friend of myne was on here and read me your post and i told him what to write from the other room..he just decided to be a smartass about it.

what i told him to write was 'i have a z3, and those methods didnt work for me. pioneer has come out with a bluetooth update thats supposed to make the Z better, and those methods might not be needed if the F series has the latest.'

again im sorry i just saw your response now and i fee like an ass for what he wrote.

I know this thread is mostly (if not completely) about bluetooth issues on the F series, but it seemed like the right place to ask more bluetooth questions than starting a new thread. I currently have an Avic D3 with CD-BTB200 bluetooth adapter. Its been working great, but I am wanting to get a new F series unit. One concern I have is that it appears that I am going to lose A2DP bluetooth audio streaming with the new F series decks. Is this the case? I like being able to stream audio from my phone's music player once in a while so if the F series built in bluetooth wont do this, what are the chances of the CD-BTB200 unit working with the F series? I guess I could always use the 3.5mm output of the phone and feed AV2 with it, but A2DP would be preferred.