AVIC411.com

AVIC D3 AND 87.7

I thought the lowest station in the US FM band was 87.9..I don't know how many receivers, if any, i've seen go lower than that..

In fact, from some of the other Pioneer manuals I could find, the lowest the Pioneer FM tuners will go is 87.9.

Edit: Even better, there is no license on record with the FCC to transmit at 87.7FM in New York. Despite their web site, looks like a pirate station of some sort..

Throughout the world, the broadcast band is 87.5 to 108.0 MHz (i.e. in the VHF range), or some portion thereof. In the U.S. it is 87.8 to 108.0 MHz. Russia and Japan are the only exception, using the 66 to 90 MHz band with 0.1 MHz channel spacing.

Any station below 87.8 is not licensed for broadcast by the FCC. And there is no reason to make a unit that will tune down below whose frequencies if there are supposed to be no radio stations there in the first place.

And to the poster above me, in places OTHER THAN THE US, FM broadcasts can go down to 87.5Mhz. The tuner in your Pioneer Elite reciever probably goes down that far because it was designed to operate in more regions than just the USA, so it would have to be able to cover the full FM spectrum.

I also found this along my travels... some pretty good info in there...

http://www.ntia.doc.gov/osmhome/allochrt.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Before, I purchase a D3 for my 2005 Mustang. I had a factory Ford Radio. The radio would go down to 87.7 on the FM dial. Well, Driving through Richmond, VA and Washington D.C. I was able to get local radio plus TV stations. TV Stations Simulcast there TV channel on that Station. I also remember my old VW Fox was able to access 87.7, that was the clears channel to use with my iTrip and iPod. It seems like Pioneer does not use 87.7. But, not true for other radio manufacturers.

Well, Driving through Richmond, VA and Washington D.C. I was able to get local radio plus TV stations. TV Stations Simulcast there TV channel on that Station.

Not really, but Channel 6 is very close to the low-end of the FM dial. The audio for VHF Channel 6 is broadcast at 87.75, so it can be picked up on many FM radios.

im in new york and theres a new station 87.7 . i tried getting to it and the lowest it goes is 87.9 is there any way of adjusting it and recieving this station????????

ya same with mine i wanna listen to pure 87.7 but lowest my d3 goes to is 87.9 .. sucks :\ at least i got bpm on xm.

Nobody's debating on whether or not there IS an 87.7 in new york. What is in question is that that frequency isn't authorized for use by the FCC in the U.S., which would mean that there is no reason to produce electronics meant solely for use in the U.S. that have a tuner that will go down that far, as there's not SUPPOSED to be any broadcasts at that frequency in the first place.