AVIC411.com

XM, Sirius, or HD-Radio?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. XM, Sirius, or HD-Radio?

• XM
    • Sirius
    • HD-radio
    • None of the above...

Sorry. I'm sure the answer to this was searchable...

I've never had XM or Sirius. For anyone who does, I've heard the XM display is superior to Sirius (2-line vs. 1-line?). I have no experience with HD-radio. I'm taking a cross-country trip and will be in the mountains and out of FM radio coverage for a lot of it. I'm thinking it would be great to have satellite radio. What about the performance, choices, and features between XM and Sirius?

Basically, I was hoping for some smart opinions. My installer didn't install the iPod cable right and is going to hook me up with the new bypass instructions, so he's pulling everything apart and I might as well get one of the above choices. (I only really have the $ for one)

I'd go with XM. Since I installed it 2 years ago, I can't go anywhere without it. I personally don't like Sirius. Both have great selections, but I'm partial to XM due to Opie & Anthony. The one plus to Sirius is you can get a lifetime subsciption for relatively cheap. XM does not offer this.

I'd go with XM. For me, the bigges difference is XM has Opie and Anthony and MLB, while Sirius has Howard Stern and the NFL. I think O & A is the best radio program out there. XM has the better equipment. And in the next 2 weeks, the FCC is expected to approve the merger of the two services.

I have had both XM and Sirus... I like Sirus sound quality over the XM but I am now with XM becuase it is cheaper to have Nav Traffic for 2 cars. Which by the way I am not impressed with MSN DIRECT. But I sure hope they merge soon so my stock will go up and I can make $$$$.... Sirius has one show I miss now and that was Bubba The Love Sponge on after Howard Stern...

Sirius and XM will have comparable performance depending on your area. Cost may be a feature, but the main difference is programming. Sirius (which I have) has Howard Stern, Bubba the love sponge, NASCAR, NFL, and the NBA. I love the programming on Sirius over XM. I have heard a bunch of shows on XM and like the Sirius counterparts much better. Sirius also has a Bruce Springsteen, Greatful Dead, Frank Sinatara and Elvis channels, (if that's your cup of tea) I think both companies have an offer to listen online for a month or at least a weekend for a small fee. I would try that first to see which one you like better. I know with the D3 the display is much better with XM than with sirius.

You are better offer listening to XM and Sirius online and deciding with you like better. I have both:

XM: Better display, navtraffic, hip-hop stations

Sirius: Better rock/alternative and house stations

If I had to choose one, I would take Sirius just because they seem to play more music I like and repeat songs much less than comparable stations on XM