AVIC411.com

Alright I'm trying to figure out why my 700bt wont index my ipod for voice activation. For the people using ipods, what type of system do you sync your ipod with pc or mac? And does your ipod allow voice activation?

Mine is synced to a mac and voice doesn't work. I noticed yesterday that when hooking a mac formatted jump into the usb slot, that the avic didn't like it. So I'm wondering since the avic is a windows system if something that was formated on a pc works better?

Ok ladies and gents. I am going to answer my own question here. I did some tests and it turns out if your ipod is macintosh formatted the windows based system wont index the ipod info for voice recognition. So if you restore your Ipod on a pc in itunes, it will be windows fat32 formatted then sync on your mac you will be up and running with voice recog.

Now if only my phone would work with it, I would a decent system.

Ok ladies and gents. I am going to answer my own question here. I did some tests and it turns out if your ipod is macintosh formatted the windows based system wont index the ipod info for voice recognition. So if you restore your Ipod on a pc in itunes, it will be windows fat32 formatted then sync on your mac you will be up and running with voice recog.

Now if only my phone would work with it, I would a decent system.

I doubt it but I PM'd Jason H on this. I believe he is a mac guy as well and should be able to verify this.

Anybody have success with getting video to play from an iPod Touch. Jason, I know you said you got it from your iPhone, right? It's essentially the same minus the phone...

Anyone have any bright ideas?

It indexes my songs and the voice playback works. Also, it indexes the songs pretty fast (I only have 275 or so, though).