AVIC411.com

What Is The Best Back Up Camera!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what is the point of one of these really? do you know how to parellel park? I guess its just for show.

well, call me a sissy-la-la but if you had a real MAN'S vehicle (like an Avalanche, for instance :wink: ) you would understand the attraction to a rear-view camera. Plus, I have found it very interesting to switch it on when I think someone has stopped really close to my tail and see just how close they came . . . .

to be honest, in my Av when parallel parking I have no interest in coming close to bumping the car behind me, since that would usually result in a crease on thier hood since my Av sits up higher. Given the fact that parallel spots don't usually come in "extra large", this is always an issue and it is a game of inches (and I have no idea exactly how close I might be to the rearward car otherwise).

what is the point of one of these really? do you know how to parellel park? I guess its just for show.

I use mine for hooking up to my trailer. I can see the ball, and can back to it perfectly everytime by myself.

Me too as I used one on my truck as well. Spares me the training requirement of telling my wife shes not guiding me right. Now I can do it by myself. Also if little kids dart out behind you..

alot of good comes out of them and no bad whatsoever. dont criticize others jus cuz u dont see a point in them

anyways, to answer the topic question (which was what is the best camera, not what is the point of them :wink: ) any that you attach to your license plate. its at bumper level which is good for parallel parking, if you use it for hookin a trailor hitch, etc.