AVIC411.com

Sound cutting out left to right

Last week I was driving, and it sounded like all of the sudden the drivers side sound wasn't working... I thought I was going crazy, and went to the balance screen, and selected balance towards the left, and I could hear sound on the drivers side speakers, it was just REALLY quiet.

Today it happened again! This time, the passenger side went quiet... so I adjusted the balance "+6" to the right, and it sounds normal again! :(

Now I have to listen to it +6 to the right, and at volume 48 instead of 40 where I used to listen to it to be full volume.

What the hell is going on?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So... here's what I've found...

When I use the "CD" source, everything is FINE! Speakers sound great, nice and even.

As soon as I switch to the iPod, it's horrible! Balance is off, sound is distorted, and it gets worse and worse as time is going by...

:(

When is the damn update!!!!

Could it be a bad ipod cable?

Like I said, every source EXCEPT ipod plays crystal clear!

Then sometimes the ipod will sound ok, and slowly get worse and worse as I'm listening. The connections are all tight on the ipod cable.

UUGHHH!!!!

If you have access to another ipod, you might want to try hooking that up and giving it a test.

Also, try turning off the "soundcheck" setting and any EQ setting on the ipod if either of them are on.