AVIC411.com

For those interested in the wireless remote

I was lookin for it everywhere but cold not find one, The Pioneer website has them in stock for $20, plus shipping and tax...total was $26.40. It is wireless so should be an easy install

here is a link

[url=http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069685_298177924,00.html]http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v ... 24,00.html[/url]
I got mine delivered last Friday. It's decent and I'm amazed at the controls I randomly get that aren't factory.

For example I had to hook up a PAC SWI steering wheel interface to get "Mute" functionality. Then I get the SR1 remote which has a phone menu button that takes you directly to the phone menu (obviously) which allows you to look up numbers or digit dial with the Z1. Great menu to have direct access to since otherwise it's about 4 menu button presses to get there with the Z1 and no remote.

It's also nice to have the voice command and cancel button on the SR1 to do voice commands without having to take my eyes off the road to find and push the icon on the screen.

Besides that all of the other buttons are now duplicated with my factory steering wheel control interface (volume, track up/down, preset up/down).

Oh, one last trick I found with the SR1 that I hadn't realized before. If you double press the voice command button (on the remote or head unit either one) it'll eliminate the stupid confirmation voice and just beep so you don't have to wait for the lady to finish her 5mph talking. It's now handy to quickly switch sources by double pressing the voice button and saying "XM" or "ipod" or "FM" etc. That's the closest I've found to being able to disable the voice command confirmations.
I am curious as to how the wireless remote works....How does it communicate with the Z1? Do you need anything extra. Because the hookup I have now with my steering wheel remote doesn't work to well. Is it a plug & play type of remote? Or do I have to configure it to work with the Z1?

Thanx
[quote name="ralphhood3"] Then I get the SR1 remote which has a phone menu button that takes you directly to the phone menu (obviously) which allows you to look up numbers or digit dial with the Z1. Great menu to have direct access to since otherwise it's about 4 menu button presses to get there with the Z1 and no remote.
[/quote]
If you hold down the MENU button on the Z1 for about 2 seconds... the phone menu comes up
[quote name="ralphhood3"]Oh, one last trick I found with the SR1 that I hadn't realized before. If you double press the voice command button (on the remote or head unit either one) it'll eliminate the stupid confirmation voice and just beep so you don't have to wait for the lady to finish her 5mph talking. It's now handy to quickly switch sources by double pressing the voice button and saying "XM" or "ipod" or "FM" etc. That's the closest I've found to being able to disable the voice command confirmations.[/quote]
Now that one I didn't know about... nice one!
  • 3 weeks later...
[quote name="ralphhood3"]I got mine delivered last Friday. It's decent and I'm amazed at the controls I randomly get that aren't factory.

For example I had to hook up a PAC SWI steering wheel interface to get "Mute" functionality. Then I get the SR1 remote which has a phone menu button that takes you directly to the phone menu (obviously) which allows you to look up numbers or digit dial with the Z1. Great menu to have direct access to since otherwise it's about 4 menu button presses to get there with the Z1 and no remote.

It's also nice to have the voice command and cancel button on the SR1 to do voice commands without having to take my eyes off the road to find and push the icon on the screen.

Besides that all of the other buttons are now duplicated with my factory steering wheel control interface (volume, track up/down, preset up/down).

Oh, one last trick I found with the SR1 that I hadn't realized before. If you double press the voice command button (on the remote or head unit either one) it'll eliminate the stupid confirmation voice and just beep so you don't have to wait for the lady to finish her 5mph talking. It's now handy to quickly switch sources by double pressing the voice button and saying "XM" or "ipod" or "FM" etc. That's the closest I've found to being able to disable the voice command confirmations.[/quote]

i had a question regarding your factory steering wheel controls. i'm assuming you had a volume up/down and had a radio preset up/down. i did with my nissan armada, but now i'm now my radip up/down is set to "seek".......so when i'm on 102.7 and press up.......it takes me to 102.9, instead of going up to the next preset which would be 103.5.

my installer tells me that's the way it's set up. anyone else have another experience?!
[quote name="cntrylvr79"]IT's just a programming thing. Your installer could program the steering wheel controls to cyle through the presets as you wish or program it to seek. NOrmally I'll program them to seek as well this way they caan be used to change tracks on the cd/sat radio as well.[/quote]

in his defense, that's exactly what he told me too! but why wouldn't it do both? cycle through presets while in fm/am and seek when in cd/sat/dvd mode?

cuz that's how my original steering wheel controls worked.