AVIC411.com

F900BT and Blackberry 8310 Curve Bluetooth connection issue

I can not get my Blackberry to stay connected to my F900BT Nav system. It will find it, connect and then on it's own will disconnect from the bluetooth after a minute. Is this a known issue and is there a patch or fix for this. I would hate to send it back based on the fact I use a blackberry for work.

thanks

My work 8830 will try to connect and say failed, then keep trying repeatedly. Usually it will connect eventually but I still don't get why. I can always get it to connect if I turn off the bt on the avic, then turn back on and search with my 8830. FIX NEEDED!

I'm pretty sure I had the same problem with my verizon blackberry 8830. It would connect then before you could do anything it would disconnect. After three days of experimenting this is finally what I did to fix it. Go to your bluetooth options for the avic on your phone. Change the transfer address book option from all entries to chosen categories only. Add both business and personal. Assign everyone in your address book a category. It does not matter if you choose business or personal. Do note add any strange items you have in your blackberry address book like a group for work. For instance I had one called engineering. My best guess is this type of complex stuff screws the avic up. Good luck.

Anonomis,

You are a king among men. Your approach worked for my 8310 and assume would work for most generation Blackberry phones. The categories helped keep the pair alive and made the phone book transfer seemless.

This should be a sticky for Bberry users having problems pairing with the F-Series. This works!

REMINDER: Be sure to delete your original pair settings on both your phone and the AVIC and go into this new category based pair from a clean slate to ensure it works!!

Time

Probably around 100. I had the same problem initially. I think I put the avic in address book receive mode then used the blackberries transfer tool. In the end I think it just sat there and never let me know it was done. But when I exited and entered contacts, all my contacts where there. It still kind of sucks though because you get one icon per phone number of each person. It makes it hard to call a person's home instead of there cell phone since there is no visual distinction other then color. I would try it again for you to get better details but I just updated my firmware and now the darn thing wont connect and I don't have time to experiment with it.

• 4 weeks later...

having the same problems , connect and disconnect , I changed all the setting with the phone , categories to personal and bussines , edit all my contacs to personal and the same problem . any other setting i have to change on the phone??? can someone tell all the rigth setting and step by step connection with the unit . Thank you , everyhing else on the radio is working perfect . note I paired my wife phone with the f-700 and worked perfect . ( LG phone )

I'm pretty sure I had the same problem with my verizon blackberry 8830. It would connect then before you could do anything it would disconnect. After three days of experimenting this is finally what I did to fix it. Go to your bluetooth options for the avic on your phone. Change the transfer address book option from all entries to chosen categories only. Add both business and personal. Assign everyone in your address book a category. It does not matter if you choose business or personal. Do note add any strange items you have in your blackberry address book like a group for work. For instance I had one called engineering. My best guess is this type of complex stuff screws the avic up. Good luck.

Thank you. This has improved my blackberry reconnection issues (at least it has the couple times I have tested).

Great information to know.