AVIC411.com

Slightly ahead of the >..???

Has anybody else noticed that they are slightly ahead of where the > is on the screen? Maybe its just my perfectionism coming through but it seems that as the car is in the midle of an intersection the arow is pointing a bit before where the car actually is (i.e. car is further down the road than the >) Maybe because I have the antenna mounted on the back of the car??
Yah, I did notice that. It's not really that bad, but it's like the nav system in on a 1 second delay. When going fast you pass a road about a second before you do on the nav. And I'm just guessing at 1 second. But it's not really that bad.
Yea, i've noticed that also. My best reasoning is that the arrow isn't actually where the car is, the car is more in the middle of the screen. I think that this allows you to see slightly behind you on the nav. When turning i've noticed that it pivot's around the middle of the screen, not the arrow (i'm always using the first-person view with the overhead map on the right). My guess is Pioneer thought this was a better way to do it? It is a little annoying though.
Guest bullfeathers autosound
have you tried recalibrating the arrow? should be under settings and it will allow you to move the arrow based on your location which would in-turn affect all other locations
  • 3 weeks later...
just finish to install the z1 i had afew things i found about the z1
one the vss wire when it was conect the nav didn't work corect one of the
problems is the arow was allways continue to go mybe problem with vss i don't know but i do know as soon that i disconected the wire worked fine and every thing that i wanted great device
Guest guest
Even with a 16 channels WAAS enabled GPS you are going to be accurate to within 2 meters (7 feet), how do you expect the arrow to be exactly where you are when the AVIC-Z1 is only a 8-channel non WAAS GPS receiver?
I've heard from others that if you disconnect the VSS from the unit, it will be more accurate. I heard this last year when I had my N2 but I never tried it. I just didn't understand why it would be more accurate if Pioneer says it will cause location errors. Anyone else try it?
  • 1 month later...
It may be more accurate without the VSS wire connected when you're driving in a wide open area and not making many turns, but VSS allows the software to use dead reckoning in locations where satellite coverage is limited. In those situations a system with a speed input from the car will always be more accureate.