AVIC411.com

Great info, but I'm a little confused.
Everyone is postivie a 2.5mm will fit, so the mic from the 3200 kit is the one to order...correct?
I can't use an adapter due to the location of where it plugs into the Z1 and a big crosscar beam that give about a 1/4 inch clearance to the back of the plugs.
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Directional mics will certainly help, but echo reduction and noise cancellation is done with software...not hardware. Fortunately, it appears that Windows can handle this admirably. Since the Z1 is Windows driven, it seems to me that Pioneer could fix this with a software update. Maybe this should be brought up on that open discussion thing they're having.
[quote name="03Aviator"]it seems to me that Pioneer could fix this with a software update. Maybe this should be brought up on that open discussion thing they're having.[/quote]

That discussion thing was over days ago and trust me... the topic was "touched upon" :)
Well... to prove the point about software vs microphone...

I now have tried 4 microphones....

1. Avic-Z1 supplied one: ECHO
2. Motorola BT kit one: No Echo with Motorola Kit, plenty o' ECHO with Z1
3. Nokia HFM-8 Microphone: ECHO (but nicest looking mic and LITTLE less echo with higher volume)
4. Parrot CK3200 mic: ECHO, ECHO, ECHO!!!!!!

Arghhhhhhh.

BTW, tried multiple locations in the car...always the same...echo does not significantly go away unless the volume is set down to about 3 bars....

Remember: :x in my same car, with the same LG VX9800 phone, i had the Motorola kit before with ZERO echo...

I am a believer.... i believe Pioneer makes a great potential product..... shitty software execution.... It's not like you need to be programming in some esoteric EEPROM language.... it's frikin' Windows.

I hope you guys nailed them good during the online discussion.

Sam
I've got foam around my mic and that helped quite a bit...but didn't cure it. Next, I may try and attach a small piece of plastic as a "deflector" to keep the sound waves from the speaker from having a direct shot at the mic. This should help some too. But the best cure is going to have to come from Pioneer in the form of a software upgrade...and possibly a better mic. I think a directional mic would help some too.
well I never experienced the echo. I researched it here before I installed my z1's and read that everyone was having echo issues with the mic that came with the deck so before i did anything i just went ahead and picked up the parrot mics so I woudnt have to deal with the issue, from what i have been reading it seams that the caller here's the echoes.
my phone is nextel I870
grcplaya
[quote name="grcplaya"]update well finally got done with the z1 installed in my 03 yukon xl what a nightmare but its done just need to hookup the vss n reverse wire. well parrot sent me a mic and I installed it with no problems or echo's and it did need the adapter. it works flawlessly.

grcplaya[/quote]

What are the part numbers for the mic and the adapter? C'mon! Help us out here!!
03, if you have read the previous post!

as for the adapter I bought it at radioshack it was 3bux.
its a mono plug adapter(accepts 1/8"mini phone plug)(fits a 3/32" submini phone jack) the [size=150]part # 274-327c [/size]

just call parrot and tell them you need a replacement mic they sent me one for FREE,
they said the mic were all the same!
grcplaya
[quote name="grcplaya"]03, if you have read the previous post!

as for the adapter I bought it at radioshack it was 3bux.
its a mono plug adapter(accepts 1/8"mini phone plug)(fits a 3/32" submini phone jack) the [size=150]part # 274-327c [/size]

just call parrot and tell them you need a replacement mic they sent me one for FREE,
they said the mic were all the same!
grcplaya[/quote]

I'm sorry...you indeed did post the part # for the adapter. I was hoping you had the number for the mic so I could see if I could find it someplace else other than Parrot.