AVIC411.com

3g iphone wont conect on bluetooth

• 2 weeks later...

You guys need to provide more information. Was it working pre-update? Do you have Bluetooth turned on for both devices? Which one are you using to initiate the pairing?

Give us some more info and we'll be better equipped to help you out. Both of my 3G iPhones pairs just fine each time, so it definitely works.

got it I sync up my phone again then hard reset the f700, then did a special search then it finally paired before I did that I paired it with the apply bt headset and my factory audi nav...no clue what did it but it works and I'm happy now.

Thanks!

I had the same problem at first. The easiest solution is to select 'Pair from device/phone' from the unit and then go to the Bluetooth menu on the iPhone where it will become discoverable and it should pair up immediately. The default passcode is 1111 (It won't display it when using this method).

I have another issue with the iPhone tho. I paired the phone, transferred all of my contacts which was successful (The names show up in my contacts list, voice commands for contacts works perfectly), but when i receive a call all of my contacts show up as the phone numbers and not the names.

I called Pioneer and he said "That just happens with some phones," which was completely unhelpful. Does anybody have any ideas as to why this could be happening and any possible solutions?

Pioneer opened a ticket on this issue for me which means I am supposed to call them back in two weeks to get an answer. I got the same idiotic answers about it worked on some phones and not others even within the same phone. When I asked them about their onsite videos of an iPhone working perfectly I was told their marketing person had had no problem and that was his phone!

Frankly, I am getting a little annoyed at the time and trouble my new unit is causing me. And suspect that the Pioneer videos are falsified which borders on fraud to me.

I have never spent a lot of money on a unit like this to have everything be problematic. My D1 worked as advertised and I miss not wondering which feature might work today.

The question is are we as a forum just going to wait patiently or can we put pressure as a group on Pioneer to make this right or compensate us?

thanks so much everyone! I just had the 90 installed a few days ago, and I have a 3G. I tried pairing both ways, but nothing seemed to work. When pwnin o-brien said to try and "pair from device/phone? it worked beautifully. I'm gonna call my daughter right now (she is the only person I know is who up at this hour!!). Thanks again.