AVIC411.com

Worth Getting the F-Series

I currently own the Z1... I am being drawn to the new F series for the fact I can play music/videos off of a USB stick or SD card.

At this point - would it be smart for me to sell of the Z1 for the new f series? I hear there are issues with these units.

Thanks Guys.

Nick

F series have lots of bugs. Pioneer claims they will be releasing one or more user-installable firmware updates to rectify these bugs in the near future. People here are waiting with baited breath.

Recommend you wait to buy until firmware updates are released and avic411.com users confirm issues are resolved.

Like everyone said, defineatly wait. I have to be honest though, i was more satified with the unit before i found there is going to be an update becasue i'm sick of waiting. The only real issues i personal have is boot time (which supposadly will not get fixed) and the fact it drops my calls if i'm on the phone and get into my car (i have another BT device i can use to solve this, as well as have navigation commands while on the phone). So, with everything wrong with it, i am still relatively happy as is.

I am SO sick of this BS. Sure the user interface is pretty but the "update" just made things worse. I am the most patient persos ever and I am getting so fed up with the (among other things) dropped ipod, having to push the button 5 times for it to register, and the lacking features that I was used to with my Z2 that they didn't carry over to this unit.

If you want an overall better unit, get the Eclipse AVN 6620, that's what I'm doing.

One would think that the next generation would be better than the last. Not so with the F series, can't see the screen unless it's dark outside, long boot time, etc. I would pass if I were you, I wish I wouldn't have bought one.

So I just got off the phone with Pioneer relaying the problems i'm having with the unit. I told him ever since the firmware update it has been nothing but problems. The main examples I gave were the touch screen being on a delay, my phone not staying connected, and also dropping my ipod.

He said that the firmware wouldn't have caused any of these to all of a sudden start occuring. He recommended to reinstall the software on the ipod. Yeah, right.

Next, I told him that I got rid of a Z2 to get this unit becuase I thought I was getting the superior unit. He informed me that the F series is an economy unit. So I questioned, "Why then disnt you put the higher resolution and nicer user interface on the the new Z3?" His response: "It won't fit on the screen. I don't know if you knew this but the Z has a different size screen." No shit.

And lastly, the one thing that just made me realize they really let this get out of hand, are the 2 greenish blue squares for the route that never go away. He said they were intentional and they ARE MEANT TO STAY ON THE SCREEN AT ALL TIMES. WTF?

After I told him that I was surprised they put this thing through R&D and were happy with it enough to sell it to the consumer, I kindly hung up telling him I'm getting an eclipse unit now.

Eff you pioneer.

So I just got off the phone with Pioneer relaying the problems i'm having with the unit. I told him ever since the firmware update it has been nothing but problems. The main examples I gave were the touch screen being on a delay, my phone not staying connected, and also dropping my ipod.

He said that the firmware wouldn't have caused any of these to all of a sudden start occuring. He recommended to reinstall the software on the ipod. Yeah, right.

Next, I told him that I got rid of a Z2 to get this unit becuase I thought I was getting the superior unit. He informed me that the F series is an economy unit. So I questioned, "Why then disnt you put the higher resolution and nicer user interface on the the new Z3?" His response: "It won't fit on the screen. I don't know if you knew this but the Z has a different size screen." No shit.

And lastly, the one thing that just made me realize they really let this get out of hand, are the 2 greenish blue squares for the route that never go away. He said they were intentional and they ARE MEANT TO STAY ON THE SCREEN AT ALL TIMES. WTF?

After I told him that I was surprised they put this thing through R&D and were happy with it enough to sell it to the consumer, I kindly hung up telling him I'm getting an eclipse unit now.

Eff you pioneer.

Wow... so I am not the only one who feels like this.