AVIC411.com

Just installed the 700bt and have some questions..

Hey guys just found about this cool forum and I previously had the avic-n1 for the past 4 years. I would of had a few less headaches had I known before.

Anyways, I just installed the 700bt into my 2003 audi a4 and had a few questions that i couldn't find searching.

1. Is there a mute "button" to lower the music volume?

2. I have a Pioneer XDV-P90 6 disc DVD changer. I read on the forum that CD changers do not work, but what about DVD changers?

3. I hooked up the ILL wire correctly but at night the map looks the same.

Thanks guys. I will post up pics when all finished!

1.) If you press and hold the volume knob it will mute, but since it takes a few seconds to mute, I find it much easier to just turn the volume down/off... ;)

2.) I don't know, but I highly doubt it

3.) This one confused me at first too. Adjust the illumination level while you have your lights ON. It will remember that setting

-Eric

There is a mute button option amongst one of the wiring harnesses; try rigging a switch up and see if it works

Your DVD changer should work provided that it can use IPBUS; call Pioneer and confirm with them for sure. You'll have to sacrafice AV1 to the IPBUS unfortunately

If you hold down the volume button it mutes the source, i think. Just pushing it activates the voice commands, but if you hold it down, it mutes.

From what I remember, there are no disk (CD or DVD) changers that work with the F-series units.

The day/night map colors are automatically changed by the time of day. The illumination wire only switches between the two different brightness settings for the screen.