AVIC411.com

Contacts not recognized as voice commands.

Do voice commands work properly for you?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do voice commands work properly for you?

• Every time!
    • Sometimes.
    • iPod commands work, but not phone commands.
    • Phone commands work, but not Music commands.
    • None of the voice commands work.
    • I wish they would let you request a song by title like SYNC does.

I'm not sure if this problem is widespread, but it seems that my AVIC-F900BT is not able to recognize any of my contacts using voice commands. They were all successfully transferred to the unit from my iPhone 3G, but no matter what name I say the command is interpreted as a request for recent calls. Voice commands for the iPod function work just fine, as well as the bluetooth speakerphone, so I don't think it could be a problem with the mic. When I first set the unit up I was able to call some contacts with voice commands but the names were usually misinterpreted, and the other day I did have success placing a call as intended. At one point though, after I re-transferred the phone book no call commands would work and no matter how many times I transfer the phone book or reset the system this behavior won't change.

Bottom line: This product is expensive and clearly not ready for primetime. The consistency in every thread on this forum is that some features works sometimes but not all features most of the time.

Pioneer needs to answer for putting a badly designed product that does not work out to the marketplace.

• 2 weeks later...

rossggg mines the same as yours. ive had my 90bt installed for about two weeks and the voice command for contacts hasnt worked once. the voice command works perfectly with everything else and it even works when i call the number out loud but for some reason it doesnt work when i say the name of the contact, it must be something wrong with the system.....o and i have the updated version

rossggg mines the same as yours. ive had my 90bt installed for about two weeks and the voice command for contacts hasnt worked once. the voice command works perfectly with everything else and it even works when i call the number out loud but for some reason it doesnt work when i say the name of the contact, it must be something wrong with the system.....o and i have the updated version

Same thing with me. Just had my 90bt installed Monday. iPod voice commands work flawless...very impressed. Voice commands using my contacts (imported from Razr) do not work.

However, I am able to dial numbers through the voice command. It is almost like it never creates the VR for the contact names like it does with the iPod.

Even trying to call home does not work which I found odd because the home address and phone number are put in a different location. I thought for sure it would recognize "call home".

Any thoughts getting voice commands working with Contacts?

Finally got my contacts transferred over, and they work exactly as they should. Recognized names just fine, and asks which number to call when there is more than 1 for a certain contact.

Did you end up using the DB editor? I edited my contact list using the Windows based editor (from the thread below) and suddenly (viola!) every contact is recognized! I don't know if it's the rewriting process or the fact that I reduced the list of contacts to ones I actually call, or the fact that I reordered them to have more frequently called people at the top of the contact list.

Am I correct that everyone who has no voice command of contacts also has no caller-id on the unit for the same contacts when they call you?

Editor: http://sourceforge.net/projects/sqlitebrowser/

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... c&start=45