AVIC411.com

MY iPod Classic runs out of battery overnight

• 5 months later...

Any solutions found for this? I also have a 5th gen and my F700BT drained the battery when I left it connected overnight. I have the current firmware.

Another issues I've had is randomly, the ipod doesn't connect, I get a message on the ipod that says "ok to disconnect" and a big check mark. Sometimes if I leave it alone, it will decide to start working again. Sometimes it works without any issues.

my 1st gen nano is now on it's 2nd battery as the f900 kills it? the 2nd battery was only 3 weeks old from new and is now dead...

it might be the cold i don't know but my daughter used this nano before for about 2 years without any problems other then breaking the headphones.

have it (nano) now in the house and will see if it comes back to life again.

Wow, that's strange. The iPod SHOULD stop playing when the vehicle is turned off, just like if you take the headphone jack out of it. Nexttime you have your iPod active in your vehicle, watch the iPod when you go to get out. If it's still playing, it could be an iPod problem or maybe the cable? I doubt it's the unit but I had an 80GB Vid, now have a 120GB classic, and my fiance' has the 30GB classic and we've never experienced that.

I have an Ipod video 5th gen 30gb, and I used to have the same problem. I bought the Ipod used and not in the greatest of conditions (what do u want for $60?). The battery would die almost every day, so I bought a replacement battery online. I had an unrelated problem with songs getting "stuck", like a bad CD skipping, but that was fixed when I reset my ipod and re-uploaded all the songs. I live in MA and it's below freezing pretty constantly here, and at night it gets close to 0F, but my Ipod has been truly working like a champ!