AVIC411.com

My radio guy said......

Don't waste your money on the new F series. He said buy the Alpine IVA-W505 instead. He is a Pioneer dealer and has had too many issues with them. He is not anti-Pioneer, he sold me a D1, D3 and a Z1 for other cars, but flat out told me to stay away from the F series.

They seem to be working a lot better now that the firmware has been upgraded. I don't really have any major issues with mine... just a few little things that I barely notice anymore.

QFT. the only problem that still remained after the update (which fixed the major issues) was no TTS and thats been fixed. the unit works great for me now. and to my understanding a 2nd update is being released. so its your call to listen to him or not.

i jus looked it up, the alpines navigation, and bluetooth are sold serperatly,, no voice commands and its only sirius compatible, not XM

the F series is made for navigation, has built in bluetooth, voice commands, sd card, volume knob instead of buttons (much better IMO), and looks like a much much nicer resolution.

I was actually looking at the alpine w505 before i baught the f series and i am glad i waited to get the f series. the only thing i would have liked on the alpine would be the fact that i can have portable and built in navigation. Maybe load time would have been quicker but w/e i like the F series

MSN Direct and the voice command are things that appeal to me. I guess I'll just wait it out for a couple months. I never really had any major issues with Pioneer, except for a bad bluetooth echo with my Z1.

I'm not a big fan of the motorized screen with the Alpine and you need to buy the portable Nav unit too.

If you want to use your stereo as a bluetooth hands free, then DONT get an Alpine! I currently have an Alpine stereo and use the KCA-300BT adapter (their newest one) and find it absolutely useless with every phone I've tried (except the iPhone!).

I've ordered a F900BT to replace it, which will hopefully be with me soon. My local store advised me to take the Pioneer as it has an integrated Parrot. He said Alpine is a stereo manufacturer, and thats what they do best. They've dabled in bluetooth, but not made a good job of it. Pioneer used to make their own bluetooth stuff, but realised they weren't very good either, so got Parrot on board - the experts! He said eventually he can see other manufacturers (Alpine, Kenwood, JVC etc) following suit and using Parrot.

what is the overall consensus with the new bluetooth on the F series. This is a major priority for me and have heard mixed reviews. Definately can not have an echo..... I agree, the Alpine has the most beautiful user interface especially with the ipod, but they nickle and dime you to death with the add ons and the blackbird unit flat out sucks with bluetooth, but if thats not your priority.

what is the overall consensus with the new bluetooth on the F series. This is a major priority for me and have heard mixed reviews. Definately can not have an echo..... I agree, the Alpine has the most beautiful user interface especially with the ipod, but they nickle and dime you to death with the add ons and the blackbird unit flat out sucks with bluetooth, but if thats not your priority.

For me...pre firmware update BT was unusable. Post update, everyone tells me I sound crystal clear with no problems. People are starting to get annoyed with me because I ask how I sound on every call.

I'm using a Verizon Wireless SMT 5800 Smartphone with WM6 Std on F90BT

They seem to be working a lot better now that the firmware has been upgraded. I don't really have any major issues with mine... just a few little things that I barely notice anymore.

What are those "few little things" you are talking about?? How is the ipod compatibility, any issues there? Does the unit always recognize your phone or do u have find that you have to pair it a lot?