AVIC411.com

dumb question: Z3 and mute options

hey all,

i was wondering how to mute the radio/music on the z3. im new to the z3 but when i read through the manual i didn't see a mute option anywhere.

if im listening to the radio and want to mute, i just turn the volume all the way down. if im using the cd or library, i just stop or pause the audio.

i see that there are mute and ATT options on the z3 like how much to mute or what sources to mute.

how do i mute? lol

yeah i never got any replies or an answer. i can't seem to find out how to mute the z3. i know there are options on "how" u want to mute but not how to actually perform the mute function. lol

i know there is a mute lead but not sure how to invoke it. i read the manual a few times as well and i couldnt find it either

I can't answer you question on how to mute since I never found that either.

I do know in the System Settings, the "Mute Set" option only applies to automatic muting. If set to Tel/VR, then anytime you receive or make a phone call, the sound will automatically mute. Same for if you trigger Voice Recognition. If set to Guide/Tel/VR, then it will mute for the Guide voice, phone, and voice recognition. If set to Off, it'll never auto-mute. This setting has nothing to do with triggering a manual mute.

Grounding the mute lead should trigger it to mute.

It's odd that there's no button, I wonder if mute works via wired remote? The wired remote protocol that Pioneer uses (same as Sony) is supposed to support a mute input. I guess if someone has a Sony RM-X2S, they can check that out.

To mute the music/radio:

If you hold the SOURCE Buttion on the CD-SR1 Remote, the unit will mute (via Z3 will select off as its source)

But thats assuming you have the cd-sr1 steering wheel remote control.

To mute all system prompts and voices:

Go into menu and in the screen display you can select to show the mute button. It appears in the lower right of the screen as a small box and if you push it, all voice prompts and voice command prompts are muted,

I use this feature when I have passengers in the car and I want to use the navi for directions, that way I mute all voice prompts from the navi.