AVIC411.com

According to two pretty reliable resources, I was told by Crutchfield that it will be 2 to 3 years that XM & Sirius will have a joint HU that will be placed out into the market. Reason being is due two different satellite technologies and the merge of 2 corporate giants isn't a night and day operation.

I only brought this out to this forum cause I know a lot of people were hesitant on buying Sirius & or XM. Like I was just a couple hours ago. I was told that since the merge has happened, you can get the best of both worlds when you subscribe, you can transfer channels online I believe from XM to Sirius or vice versa.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

BTW: I just bought a F90BT ($997.00) brand new from www.abt.com great site and customer service.

Thanks Again

Newb from PA

-- Rajan

wow, well I wish my resources were more reliable or up to date. Do you think the layout of the screen on tue HU will change if xm/Sirius decide to merge named and change logos. Also, would we have to get ddifferent antennas? I really hope it is plug and play.

According to the last rep I talked to, the unit you have now will be able to get every station on XM and Sirius if you pay for their big plan Last projected rate at 24.95 a month.

As for the info and display, I would say no unless Pioneer comes out with a new version of the XM unit, which is unlikely.

so how would that work when you select an AV source, youd hafta choose one or the other and get both channels (ie by pressing xm you also get sirius) or you have to press sirius to to listen to a sirius channel and xm to listen to an xm channel?

You know how you can go through the sirius channels 1 - 170? If you got the new plan, it would be 1 - 300