AVIC411.com

HowTo Z3 bypass help!

I read through as many posts as i could, but i still had a question.

I HAD a z2 before but it was stolen out of the car, and it was bypassed using the cdrom on this site, and 2wire ground method.

i just picked up a z3, and im trying to bypass it. do i bypass it just the same as the Z2? meaning...use the same cdrom from the z2 guide, and ground the same wires?

Oh yeah, I didn't pay attention to the CD-ROM update, but the Z2 (and later Z1's) didn't need any update for the bypass either. It was completely unrelated. Only early Z1's needed the update for the bypass to work.

wrong again.

You sure? Because I read that on SMinnTech.com and I just looked at it again in case I misread it, but sure enough, it says:

If your Avic-Z1 was made in July 2006 through the present (I believe the newest Avic-Z1's are made in December 2006) then you need to ground 2 wires.

Also he says:

07/06 Bypass

For all units made since 07/06, or any unit updated with the Bluetooth Update CD

For these models you will NOT need my circuit, all you need to do is just ground 2 wires.

Dunno who's right and who's wrong, just repeating what I've read. Sounds like he's actually tried it on different Z's with different manufacture dates, have you?

Well, if you UPGRADED to the Z2 (either by the hosted image here, or the DVD and license from Pioneer), you didn't need to do anything other than the 2-wire bypass. But if you bought one with a manufacture date prior to 06/2007, you needed to run a little update provided in that link to allow the 2-wire bypass to function. Without it, those Z2s were not motion bypassable by any means.