AVIC411.com

Removing feature stickers

I was wondering if there's a way to remove all the stickers around these units? we are all looking for the OEM look but the stickers kill it.

Also I was wondering if it's possible to switch face plates between the AVIC-F700BT and the AVIC-F90BT. I prefer the finish on the AVIC-F700BT over the shinny AVIC-F90BT.

What stickers? Where it says USB, SAT RADIO, HD RADIO, etc. on the face? Those aren't stickers, it's paint. You would have to either sand them off or paint over them.

And yes, I guess if you really wanted to you could remove the F700's face and replace it with one from a F900 or F90... but where are you going to get one? You wouldn't buy a F90 or F900 to remove it's face and put it on your F700. Might as well just buy an F900.

What stickers? Where it says USB, SAT RADIO, HD RADIO, etc. on the face? Those aren't stickers, it's paint. You would have to either sand them off or paint over them.

And yes, I guess if you really wanted to you could remove the F700's face and replace it with one from a F900 or F90... but where are you going to get one? You wouldn't buy a F90 or F900 to remove it's face and put it on your F700. Might as well just buy an F900.

Thanks for response. Actually I plan to get a F90 but I would like to replace the face with the F700. I should be able to order those parts from Pioneer, I hope.

If you're going to remove the face anyway, why not just paint the face you have, that way you can make it any finish you want. You can get a very nice finish on there with some model paint and maybe a clearcoat. Also that way you don't have to worry about all the feature markings either.

Anyway, I'm not exactly sure, but I would guess the part would be the "grille unit" in this link?

http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/model.asp?modelNum=AVIC%2DF700BT

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...