AVIC411.com

Hard Drive Question

The only way to know is to try. Some people have gotten certain USB storage devices to work while others have not. It's pretty much hit and miss as to what will and won't work with it.

Also, where would the powered USB hub get it's power from? Those usually run off of 120V AC current converted to (I think) around 5V DC current. It won't run off your car's electrical system unless you buy a power inverter to convert the 12V into whatever the USB hub needs.

And that's only taking it as a given that the F-series unit will actually recognize something that is plugged in through a hub rather than directly into it's USB port.

But like I said, you can't know for sure unless you try it.

Or you could just buy an old Ipod :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
This is probably a stupid question but if i used a powered usb hub would the 700bt be able to read a 40GB hard drive?

You don't need that hub

You be able to connect a HD direct to the USD port, that it will work fine like mine you can put one until 160 Gb HD at least.

• 2 weeks later...
This is probably a stupid question but if i used a powered usb hub would the 700bt be able to read a 40GB hard drive?

You don't need that hub

You be able to connect a HD direct to the USD port, that it will work fine like mine you can put one until 160 Gb HD at least.

Nope, USB is limited to 2 Gb apparently

You don't need that hub

Nope, USB is limited to 2 Gb apparently

That is incorrect. I use an 8gig usb flash stick without issue.

Yeah, apparently the manual (not the commercial of course...) say it's 2 Gb limited on the USB. (how many of you read hundreds of pages of a Manual before buying a product ?)

Until yesterday i was then using a 1 Gb USB that was half full, and it was reading all the content.

However today i ve added some mp3s to the SAME working 1gb USB.... and guess what ? It can see a USB flash stick, but don't find anything anymore !

Pioneer should not promote this Avic F900BT as a USB reader...

not only you need a specific usb stick limited to 2gb.. but also if you get a working USB stick, you are not guaranted it will work !

When I add mp3 to a working USB stick...I don't have to "hope for luck" that the Avic will be able to see the files on the stick for my next trip... it has to work all the time! Otherwise STOP promote it as having a USB connectivity!

iaf, totally disapointed by Pioneer.

(how many of you read hundreds of pages of a Manual before buying a product ?)

Actually, I do. But then, I'm wierd that way. I generally want to know everything there is to know about a product, inside and out, before plunking out the $ for it. Especially if it's a big-ticket item.

Yeah, apparently the manual (not the commercial of course...) say it's 2 Gb limited on the USB. (how many of you read hundreds of pages of a Manual before buying a product ?)

Until yesterday i was then using a 1 Gb USB that was half full, and it was reading all the content.

However today i ve added some mp3s to the SAME working 1gb USB.... and guess what ? It can see a USB flash stick, but don't find anything anymore !

Pioneer should not promote this Avic F900BT as a USB reader...

not only you need a specific usb stick limited to 2gb.. but also if you get a working USB stick, you are not guaranted it will work !

When I add mp3 to a working USB stick...I don't have to "hope for luck" that the Avic will be able to see the files on the stick for my next trip... it has to work all the time! Otherwise STOP promote it as having a USB connectivity!

iaf, totally disapointed by Pioneer.

Ok, after 2 hours sitting in my car with a laptop, I've managed to play files on my 32 Gb USB Stick :)

See my post there : http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17653

It does take forever to F90-BT to finally recognize that реуку is a hard drive attached, but it does work with Buffalo Mini-Station 250GB portable hard drive. It does, however, require that you run secondary power cable to the hard drive...

Now to figure out why Pioneer's idea of "random play" is to always start with the same one bloody song...;