AVIC411.com

best speakers for d3

I'd make you a list, but it would probably be a few pages long... seriously, there isn't any "best" speaker for ant head unit. Just buy speakers that are rated at slightly higher RMS wattage than the head unit's amplifier is rated at. Speaker brand is pretty much just personal preference really.

If the speakers can't handle as much power as the amp put out, you might blow them. If they are rated much higher than the head unit's amp, they might not make the best use of the amp's power, and might not sound as good as a lower power speaker.

JL Audio are very good speakers and handle allot of power.

Buying high end speakers with high wattage ratings is kind of overkill (and a waste of money) if you're just running them off the radio's internal amplifier.

Also JL makes a very good sub woofer, but most people know that the jl components and coaxial speakers suck for the money. If you plan on just using your radio to power them, get a entry level coaxial speaker, maybe something like the eclipse or Polk db series, they are pretty good for the money, but like HiFiSi said, it really is up to your preference on what you like in sound, some have more mid bass, some have a better high range.

Because the majority of component speaker setups are much more suited to be run off a high power amplifier. Running 22watts RMS from the head unit, it's kind of a waste of money to buy a set of components that's designed to use 2 or 3 times that much wattage. You could end up getting more volume out of a set of speakers that's designed to handles less power.

JL Audio are very good speakers and handle allot of power.

Buying high end speakers with high wattage ratings is kind of overkill (and a waste of money) if you're just running them off the radio's internal amplifier.

Yes but JL also makes various ranges in there speaker selection from high end to medium end speakers. The reason that I suggest getting a quality set of speakers like JL is because if he ever decides to get an amp, at least he already has the speakers to handle it. I could have mentioned so many other good speaker brands like Polk, Alpine, Kenwood, Pioneer, etc... I myself use Focal speakers powered with Alpine amps.

i put a d3 in my dodge ram today. I like it and would like to upgrade my door speakers (6.5 and 6x9) to what works best powered off this hu... I was looking at polk db;s. I dont want to get an amp so what ones should be good for this?

Any pictures of the install?

I have have the same exact size speakers as you in my blazer and I'm very happy with my polk db's that run off my d3. The highs and mids sound pretty good. I have the hpf on bc I have subs so I cant really vouch for the lows but im assuming they wouldn't be very responsive w/o amping the speakers. The dbs look pretty cool too.

post-18413-12872755013006_thumb.jpg

ya i wouldnt get anything too high end if i were you just running them off your headunit the other dude is right get something rated around the same rms as the headunit puts out.......i run JL components in the rear of my truck and infinity perfect components in the front...off a new alpine amp....amazing sound quality but if your just running it off the headunit you wont need high end speakers like that