AVIC411.com

AVIC FEEDS Freeware

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So it looks like the native POI file format is KML. This is great. It's a standard format google uses. You can create a whole list of POIs using something http://www.poieditor.com/ and save a KML file to your SD Card. Make sure it's in a folder called "POI" on the root.

The feature that looks really really great is the Google Maps native integration. According to the HELP file of Avic Feeds you should be able to use Google Maps to find what you want to add, then using the SEND option on Googles site, "Send To GPS" I would assume this adds the location to your SD card. The only problem is, Google doesn't have a Pioneer device in their GPS device list. Only tomtom and garmin. Even though the help file says the Pioneer should be an option. Maybe Pioneer hasn't done their Google integration yet.

https://www.avicfeeds.com/avicfeeds/hel ... /index.htm

The feature that looks really really great is the Google Maps native integration. According to the HELP file of Avic Feeds you should be able to use Google Maps to find what you want to add, then using the SEND option on Googles site, "Send To GPS" I would assume this adds the location to your SD card. The only problem is, Google doesn't have a Pioneer device in their GPS device list. Only tomtom and garmin. Even though the help file says the Pioneer should be an option. Maybe Pioneer hasn't done their Google integration yet...

Yeah I just downloaded the AVIC Feeds app and tried it - sure enough, Google Maps doesn't list Pioneer as a choice in the GPS dropdown list.

Very frustrating as this is one feature I have waited for since buying my F90. Come on Pioneer - what's the dealio? :-(

• 1 month later...
Is there any way to use google maps routes using avic feeds?

No - it will always use the actual GPS live-routing function on your head unit. I know, it's a shame - but at least we can transfer destinations via Google Maps. It almost makes the need to update the GPS map directory obsolete. Kinda'...