AVIC411.com

Trying to decide between F90bt or the Z3

Everything looks good about the F90bt, but after reading about the crazy long load time, it really makes me wanna think twice before getting it.

so now Im stuck between Z3 and the F90BT.

Im more torwards the F90BT because I know its newer, with better interface and MSN direct (I dont like paying xm 10 bux a month to get traffic ONLY)

so I dunno. any pros & cons between the 2 unit ? (other than the loading time)

I did search btw. Thanks :)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the only thing I dont really like about Kenwood is that it seems that their customer support is not as great as Pioneer.

Just look at their web site, they dont even list out the detail spec of their Navigation unit.

One question, is it as easy to bypass as the pioneer units ?

I think its a really great unit, but I never really trust a company who cant even do their web site right.

the only thing I dont really like about Kenwood is that it seems that their customer support is not as great as Pioneer.

Just look at their web site, they dont even list out the detail spec of their Navigation unit.

One question, is it as easy to bypass as the pioneer units ?

I think its a really great unit, but I never really trust a company who cant even do their web site right.

yeah thats true their website sucks but good products. i called their customer care line today they were very helpful much better than pioneer IMO

hmm. now it makes me think that maybe I should really consider getting a Kenwood unit instead of the F90bt.

I can get the F90BT for around 820 shipped. Kenwood about 1200 shipped.

Is the boot up time really that long? I have a Panasonic Strada now, it has a HDD and bootup time takes around 3-4 seconds. so Im not sure if I can stand the 1-2 minutes of boot up time :(

I think I will go with the F90BT. Cuz I need the MSN direct's movie time thinggy (gf needs it actually)

yeah yeah I know I can just find another gf .... AHHH I SO didnt say that ! :P

Anyway ! Now I searched and it seems that if I dont buy it from "Authorized" Pioneer dealer they are not going to warranty it. IS that true ?

thx :)

Yes. You have to buy it from an authorized dealer or the warranty means nothing. And for the F90BT, it has to be a Pioneer PREMIER authorized dealer. But the good thing is that unlike with the F900 and F700, pretty much any place that can get and sell the Premiere F90BT is going to be authorized to sell them, otherwise they really wouldn't be able to get them in the first place.

What about Ebay sellers ? I found one selling for around 800 bux.

there is 2 local Premier PIoneer dealer in my area, but I have a feeling that they will ALWAYS cost more than people selling on ebay.

so ...

Almost 100% guaranteed that anyone selling an F90BT on ebay is not going to be an authorized Premier dealer.