AVIC411.com

I Got Rid of my Key Beeps!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would a hack be required to get rid of the button beeps? theres an option within the nav settings to turn off the beeps for the entire system.

atleast one mine there is

my unit is a F900BT and it has a blue and a white sticker on the box so maybe I have an updated one compared to the first update??

I actually don't mind the beeps, it lets me know the functions are going through when it seems like it might be freezing up

Actually I decided to play with this setting and this is absolutely true!

It does not only lower the volume of key presses in navi but throughout the system.

Lower the master volume down at around 5% first then turn up the voice volume up to where it's loud enough for you to hear it. Key press sounds will still be there but they are barely noticeable when the engine is not on and no music is playing. Otherwise I was not able to hear them, although I like them at that low volume.

I don't see how this could not work on all systems. FYI, my unit is completely stock except the bypass. I was going to make a video of it to prove it works but my unit is out now to work on the trim. I'll have some time in the morning perhaps to just plug it back in and test it out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
If you have the 90bt, it can be done without hacking. Just go to your settings, navi settings and sound settings. The beeps are the master volume slider.

No it can't.

Yea it can. If you turn it down low enough with music playing and car running you won't be able to hear them.

If you have the 90bt, it can be done without hacking. Just go to your settings, navi settings and sound settings. The beeps are the master volume slider.

No it can't.

Yea it can. If you turn it down low enough with music playing and car running you won't be able to hear them.

That'll affect Navi side, not all the dings that happen elsewhere.

No it can't.

That'll affect Navi side, not all the dings that happen elsewhere.

It does turn the volume down on all parts of the system. Turn the master volume down almost all the way then turn up the navi voice up to compensate. Sounds are still there but very faint. I have not tried to turn the master volume down completely though.

It does turn the volume down on all parts of the system. Turn the master volume down almost all the way then turn up the navi voice up to compensate. Sounds are still there but very faint. I have not tried to turn the master volume down completely though.

That's kind of defeating the purpose of having the overall system sound...

That's kind of defeating the purpose of having the overall system sound...

It's a moot argument for me as I've made my own blank sounds. I know it worked when I tried a while ago.