AVIC411.com

New little bypass circuit

It works! Circuit is finished, software for the processor is finished. And it works. A very simple install.

You need switched power (I used switched 12V, the red wire going to the Z1), ground, and if it was installed correctly, you take the ILL wire, cut it and put my board in between it (one wire going to the car and one wire going to the Z1). That it. No programming like the TR7, but this is much more stupid (not as much functionality as the TR7 can do). The device has the 4 wires and is about 1 inch x 1 inch x 1/2 inch.

If you have daytime running lights or automatic headlights, it won't matter. If the lights are on or off when you start the car (or power up the unit) it doesn't matter. It works either way. Once the bypass signal has finished (about 10 seconds after the unit is powered up, my circuit is done even before the pioneer screen goes away) the lights and dimming work just as they always have (if your Z1 is installed correctly).

I know people are going to want some of these. I have PCB's on order. Should be in early next week. I have enough parts to build 18 (and one is for me) :) I have some PM's I have to go though. I don't know how I will accept money for this yet, don't really have paypal set up or anything and I don't have a "shop" or "store front". But we are all friendly people here, I'm sure I'll come up with something we all can agree on. Those who PM'ed me, I'll PM you back with more info. Any one else, feel free to post or PM, first come first serve.

Now let's just pray that Pioneer isn't reading this and coming up with a software patch which renders this cool little thing useless with the first software upgrade.
[quote name="03Vic-HPP"]Awsome man, keep me posted! Will this need any diodes, from the sounds of it it wont as all the inputs will be isolated and "switched on" at separate times?[/quote]

No diodes needed. This just goes in between your ILL line from your car and the ILL in to the Z1. My chip does the bypass on boot up and after the bypass has compleated, it watches the signals and passes them through to the Z1 (lights on and off, etc). So it should work with any light system (running lights on all the time, regular headlights, auto headlights, etc).
Ok, due to the overwhelming response to my little circuit, and the overwhelming request for paypal, I will be setting up a paypal account for you guys to buy these. And I'm almost out of the initial run of PCB's. Guess this is more popular than I thought. :) Thanks for the interest. There might be a little bit of growning pains getting this system set up, but anyone who wants one of these will get one. I'll post more info here when I get it.
[quote name="ducatiboy"]Ok, due to the overwhelming response to my little circuit, and the overwhelming request for paypal, I will be setting up a paypal account for you guys to buy these. And I'm almost out of the initial run of PCB's. Guess this is more popular than I thought. :) Thanks for the interest. There might be a little bit of growning pains getting this system set up, but anyone who wants one of these will get one. I'll post more info here when I get it.[/quote]

i don't get the whole set up?
[quote name="BoCaPiMp"]How big will the actual units be? as big as that red board? will they fit hidden behind the dash like a Tr7?

thanks[/quote]

Oh god no, it won't be that big. See all the white empty space on there? It's not that big.

I'm going all surface mount parts except for the processor to keep the size down. The first run of boards are layed out and the end units are about 1 inch by 1 inch and will be about 1/2 inch thick.... give or take 1/4 inch or so.

Should be easily hidden anywhere.
[quote name="cliff"]does your pcb fix the nav and dvd playback?[/quote]

Actually Pioneer allowed playback of DVD's and full function of the nav system if you flash you head lights. Something they either programmed into this unit on purpose or it was a mistake on their part and they left that functionality in by accident.

I made a circuit which would tell your head unit that you flashed your headlights when you turn on the car. So I'm not really "fixing" anything. My PCB will flash your lights for you. I did notice that after flashing my lights when starting the car, I could do everything in motion that I could do while I was parked. So that is why my headlight flasher is now clasified for OFF ROAD use only.

I'm have this nagging feeling that I'm skating on thin ice as it is. I won't tell anyone they can just go out and watch DVD's while driving, it really isn't safe. But Pioneer made it so you could by flashing your lights when you start up. I made something which would flash your lights for you. It might be a small distinction, cause the end result allows full access to the unit while in motion, but I'm not fixing or doing anything that Pioneer didn't already incorporate into the unit. This is why I would recommend not installing such a PCB into any vehicle that would be used on public highways.

I know it sounds lawyerish and disclaimer-ish. Sorry.
  • 4 weeks later...
Wow...

I initially started wth the N2 in my BMW X3...then graduated to the D1 in my MB C240... The dealership damaged my D1 and I then got the Z1..

Of course, the bypass for the N2 and D1 made me want to have the Z1 bypassed (99% for nav functions) However, I hate the headlight flash method as it is intrusive to a lazy bastard like me...

I was dying at work today because I stay up last night reading a post on this site that was 25 pages...couldn't wait to come home and check it out again...Now i'm registered....

Ducatiboy...you are da man if your fix is available...I have a paypal account and would gladly make a contribution for the purchase of said circuitry... :lol:
[quote name="tromar1"]
Ducatiboy...you are da man if your fix is available...I have a paypal account and would gladly make a contribution for the purchase of said circuitry... :lol:[/quote]

It available, all the info is in the first post:
[url=http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=166&start=0]http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 66&start=0[/url]
[quote name="ducatiboy"] [quote name="tromar1"]
Ducatiboy...you are da man if your fix is available...I have a paypal account and would gladly make a contribution for the purchase of said circuitry... :lol:[/quote]

It available, all the info is in the first post:
[url=http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=166&start=0]http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 66&start=0[/url]

[/quote] :wink: I found it the above info right after posting and placed my order quite expeditiously. So...all i'm waiting for is the ND-BT1 and my newly ordered DB-HF1 (DucatiBoy-Headlight Flasher 1)