AVIC411.com

Progress: Blue Boxes and Contacts

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Changing fonts for the other applications on the unit, will mean figuring out what the other applications are, how they present their UI, and where their font files are. It might be as simple as going into \Windows\fonts and replacing some font files.

Lunar-Eclipse, thanks for that link to sqlitebrowser -- that command line interface was a beast to navigate, the browser makes it so much easier.

I've been searching for the code for that zoom / scale bar, but haven't found it yet. I'd love to replace it with just a bit of text, like "scale: 2000ft" or something like that. I'd also like to move or remove the box with the three lines of 'info'... it's not all that useful and I find it a bit hard to read anyways. No luck yet, however.

I'd also love to remove that warning sceen you get every time you start up, but that might not be possible...

This morning I tried adding a new font -- rather than just changing the 'tahoma' files, I added a third font and changed the navigatemap_800_480.ui file so the clock would use the new font.

It worked!

So if you want to have different fonts for the different elements, it seems to be quite doable. The ttf file goes in the iGo directory, then in the ui file just refer to it by the name of the file. I used the file sand.ttf and in the ui file, just called it sand.

Unfortunately it's not terribly legible, but having confirmed that this can be done, I can go back and pick fonts I really like.

Cheers!

post-21587-12872755094026_thumb.jpg

This morning I tried adding a new font -- rather than just changing the 'tahoma' files, I added a third font and changed the navigatemap_800_480.ui file so the clock would use the new font.

It worked!

thats awesome steph, now we know we can use multiple fonts. The way i did it last night was i added the font to my SD card, and made 1 copy of it, one named TAHOMA and one TAHOMABD, then went to iGo, renamed the fonts TAHOMA-bak and TAHOMABD-bak, and pasted the new fonts in. Do you think eventually the fonts for the UI's for the AV sources and the menus can also be changed? i do have a question though, if i changed out the tahoma fonts, why didnt it affect anything but the map font? are there more tahoma texts throughout the directories?

When I changed the iGo tahoma font into the 'chalkboard' font, it changed everything that was iGo related - even the nav settings.

Right now I'm working on a custom skin for my map screen, stripping off a lot of stuff I don't need or want. I'll post another pic if it actually works...

The other stuff, AV stuff etc, are all separate programs. Even the bit that shows the current song name and AV source in the corner of the map screen, is coming from a different program. Those separate programs might be using the normal \windows\fonts for their fonts, or they might have their own font files like iGo does. Probably, each one will have to be 'hacked' (or at least, scrutinized) to customize them separately.

Having said that, I haven't looked into any other software yet, I've just been focusing on the iGo stuff for now. When I have time, I plan to do a full dump of the flash drive so I can scour it in comfort on a big screen. I started doing the file dump the other day but it said it'd take 30 mins and I didn't have that kind of time. Anyhow, sooner or later we'll know all the secrets of this thing.

Then Pioneer will release another firmware update and we'll be back to step one again! :wink:

The map colours are handled in a way which I think is strange. There is no simple file listing hex colour values etc. There is instead a BMP file of colour swatches, and then there are two other files which are used to determine which swatch is used for which type of map detail/terrain. I haven't looked too deeply into that, but I came across the info while googling some other stuff. If you google for igo change map colors you will probably find the info.

Edited to add: I'm pretty sure the bmp files are data.zip/gfx/day/texture.bmp for daytime maps and data.zip/gfx/night/texture.bmp for nighttime maps. You could perhaps just edit those bmp files, change the colours to whatever you wanted, then that might do the trick.

hey stephanie you know what would be cool? if the little startup message can be edited. assuming its not an image, and rather a background (like the blue boxes) with a text so you can make it say like "Welcome Stephanie" instead of "please wait while..." and you can change the blue border to whatever color you want

The map colours are handled in a way which I think is strange. There is no simple file listing hex colour values etc. There is instead a BMP file of colour swatches, and then there are two other files which are used to determine which swatch is used for which type of map detail/terrain. I haven't looked too deeply into that, but I came across the info while googling some other stuff. If you google for igo change map colors you will probably find the info.

Edited to add: I'm pretty sure the bmp files are data.zip/gfx/day/texture.bmp for daytime maps and data.zip/gfx/night/texture.bmp for nighttime maps. You could perhaps just edit those bmp files, change the colours to whatever you wanted, then that might do the trick.

Awesome....will give it a go, Thanks Stephanie.

Changing map colors is pretty simple. Go into the igo folder->content->schemes and grab one of the .zip files unzip it or explore it. (I did it by unzipping then rezipping it in OSX 10.5 just fine) Edit the files called color.ini and color3D.ini. All of the colors are in RGB values.

If you want an explanation of what some of the lines change go here http://www.navguide.net/igomiofan/color-maps/create-your-own-color-scheme/

Also when you edit the files make sure you change the name and specify if the map is day or night. The website above shows how to do this.

If the file isn't there, then having someone else do a sync to initialize it should be fine. The ???? was for a bunch of crazy hex characters that are in the file name. Or I could provide the SQLite dump for an empty database, if you like? Then you could plug in your own values and go from there. The crazy hex characters should be the same as those for the recently-calls database file.

Caveat - I don't really know how to use SQLite, I just downloaded it and fumbled my way through this 2 hours ago... I can provide the empty dump file but not really much in the way of detailed instructions on what to do next.

OK. I just pulled the contents of the flash drive off and loaded it up on my computer. There is a phonebook database file for my phone even though I never actually got ay contacts to transfer over, which is good. So all I have to do is to edit that database file and addin all the contacts i need and I should be good to go!