AVIC411.com

z1 install in 2006 accord

Newer Hondas/Acuras do not have a Standard Double Din, behind the radio is probably the AC Ducts so you can't fit it in there. CMIIW, but some Accord owners put the double din units in the lower compartment below the radio.

Why not do a OEM Navi Conversion? You can find the parts online and do a straight swap with the headunits.

I wonder if I went to the honda dealer and asked for the trim piece around the navi head unit, they would sell that to me? I priced the honda oem nav unit on ebay for 799. I already have the Z1 which I paid 1,800 for two years ago, so don't really want to fork over that much cash.

I wonder if I went to the honda dealer and asked for the trim piece around the navi head unit, they would sell that to me? I priced the honda oem nav unit on ebay for 799. I already have the Z1 which I paid 1,800 for two years ago, so don't really want to fork over that much cash.

well if djmixmac is right about the AC ducts being right behind the piece, it cant be done....the OEM nav piece looks aboutt 2-3" deep, so youd have to undergo a good amount of modding to fit a 6-7" deep avic. plus youll have useless nav buttons.

that really really sucks. I looked all over for vehicles that my Z1 would fit into and I was almost positive that it would fit into a honda...I guess I'm gonna have to look into putting it into the space at the bottom. After driving around for the past 3 days without it, and I can't stand it!!!!

It can be done. If you want to put it where the factory deck is, it is rather involved. The easiest thing to do is to get a part from the dealer called an "audio attachment" (you can get it cheap from www.bernardiparts.com). It is used to mount OEM tape players, CD changers, etc. where the storage compartiment currently is. It comes with brackets and a trim piece. (no instructions, but you can dl the pdf from the above website) The opening is slightly larger width-wise than the Z1/2/3 but a little fab work can fix that. (much less work than installing the unit in the factory location) Just make a T harness to retain the power and illumination to the factory radio/HVAC. and install the AVIC there. I did it in my 07 and it works great! I also took apart the face of the storage compartiment to hide my AVIC when parked. Here are some pics:

DSC02813s.jpg

DSC02814s.jpg

DSC02815s.jpg

According to that site, the part numbers are as follows:

06-07 Sedans: 08B06-SDA-101A and instructions

03-07 Coupes and 03-05 Sedans:08B06-SDA-100

I don't know why the part numbers are the way they are or why the instructions are only listed for the sedan, but I can't imagine it being different on the coupe. Also, don't take my word for it on the part numbers when you order, Call the 800 number on their site, they are very knowledgable! Even if you need a part that they don't list on their site, they can get it for you, just ask!

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

ok, so it only took me 9 months, but I finally got it installed this weekend. Found a guy on craigslist that would come out to the house and he spent 7 hours here on Saturday installing it and he did a pretty good job. I installed an adapter so I could use my steering wheel controls and upgraded the xm receiver to the navtraffic tuner and it looks 10x better than my old one. I also connected a CDI200, but figured out that doesn't work, so I got a USB adapter coming from crutchfield and will hook that up when it gets here tomorrow.

I've attached some photos, and I have to say, after you get used to the new location, it's pretty nice, especially with the steering wheel controls.

Thanks alot for all the suggestions, I ended up using the adapter kit for the storage compartment and the installer even asked where I got it so he could suggest it to his customers.

post-788-12872757870211_thumb.jpg

post-788-12872757874349_thumb.jpg