AVIC411.com

HOW TO: Replace Red Arrow With Car Image

Gortok,

I just tried your solution with no luck. I highlighted the folders/files in the DATA folder and compressed to DATA.zip and tried it on the unit. I'm having the same problem as before except now my Top Menu screen goes blank after about two seconds and the system loading message stays on the screen. I feel like such an idiot.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gortok,

I just tried your solution with no luck. I highlighted the folders/files in the DATA folder and compressed to DATA.zip and tried it on the unit. I'm having the same problem as before except now my Top Menu screen goes blank after about two seconds and the system loading message stays on the screen. I feel like such an idiot.

Make sure you can get back into test mode and undo any changes you made, thats top priority. Then figure out what you did wrong on your computer

• 5 weeks later...

I figure I should post something on here because I have taken so much info from you guys. These are what I am using for my nav screen. They are photos of my truck that I tweaked a bit. So anyone with an F-150 or I guess if you just want a truck on your screen feel free to use these

I am using the first one for 2d and the second image for 3d in case you could not tell.

Truck_Icons.zip

post-22402-12872755683005_thumb.jpg

Gortok,

Mine does the same as yours were you able to fix this?

I dont have photoshop but if i take a picture of my altima can someone edit it for me?

Also i'm in the process of adding BorisM's current scripts and in it is a folder called ui_pioneer/common can i just add the two bmp into this folder and copy them to myflash/apl2/igo instead of unzipping/rezipping data.zip?

Ok, so I got all the code to work, but I have a problem with the image. As soon as I save it as a bmp from photoshop, it adds a square white background on my image, making it look very dumb on my screen lol. What I did, is I took a pic of my car, lassoed the car only, inverted selection, deleted everything else, inverted again, copied the car, and pasted it into a new file with a "transparent background". It appears to work, until I save it. Ideas?

EDIT: I added an "alpha channel" whatever that means, made its opacity 0%, and now the image is completely invisible when it pulls it up in the AVIC

EDIT2: Got it! I just kept retrying until it worked. Sweet mod. Thanks to all involved!

This really is the wrong thread to address those questions in, but sure, that could be done. You would just need to create those graphic files, and then add the calls for them in the skin file.

I'm not sure what the battery is supposed to indicate though, so that one may be more difficult to accomplish.

Battery would simply show the battery charge status, so for anything other than F-500 it would be a moot point. For 700-900-90 it would make more sense to show the GPS status (which can be accomplished with one line in navigatemap_800_400.ui)