AVIC411.com

Possible Fix For North Up in 2D Mode?

How about centering the cursor a bit more? Possible?

In navigatemap files look for map.SETCARPOSITION aaa bbb lines.

First number controls where the car cursor is horizintally in percents of screen width. Second one where it is vertically in percent of screen height.

I.e. map.SETCARPOSITION 50 50 will center the arrow on screen and map.SETCARPOSITION 50 75 will position it 3/4 of a way down...

• 4 weeks later...

This works great! in the DATA.ZIP\project_config\pioneer.ini

under [map]

i changed the

3d_max_tiltlevel=6800

to

3d_max_tiltlevel=1000

then i turned Smart Zoom ON and this (for me) works just like "2d track up"

the map zooms in and out according to my speed and i can hit the map button to get rid of the evil red cursor and it stays in this view.

you will want to shrink the arrow and adjust the max and min zoom settings under smart zoom to your taste.

now if i could just get the arrow to be blue or green, i would be set. but for now i will be happy with gray

How about centering the cursor a bit more? Possible?

In navigatemap files look for map.SETCARPOSITION aaa bbb lines.

First number controls where the car cursor is horizintally in percents of screen width. Second one where it is vertically in percent of screen height.

I.e. map.SETCARPOSITION 50 50 will center the arrow on screen and map.SETCARPOSITION 50 75 will position it 3/4 of a way down...

Hi Boris, sorry but where is the location of the navigatemap files i would like to try this mod, Thank you

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

how far has anyone got to scripting something to fix the 2d north up issue? i'm browsing through igo 8.3 ui's and found some interesting scripts regarding 2d head up, i just want to know if anyone has looked into it before i start trying to incorporate them in our ui's, anyone?

It's easy:

Add or replace these lines to the section [map] in "DATA.ZIP\project_config\pioneer.ini"

3d_max_tiltlevel=0

3d_min_tiltlevel=0

so the 3D-Mode will stay orthogonal to the ground. (But it will always stay there)

I just tried this and it works and allows me to go "2D" on the 3D map... but as soon as I push the Map button, it goes back to the regular "3D" view. Am I missing something?

It's easy:

Add or replace these lines to the section [map] in "DATA.ZIP\project_config\pioneer.ini"

3d_max_tiltlevel=0

3d_min_tiltlevel=0

so the 3D-Mode will stay orthogonal to the ground. (But it will always stay there)

I just tried this and it works and allows me to go "2D" on the 3D map... but as soon as I push the Map button, it goes back to the regular "3D" view. Am I missing something?

Nevermind... I also added it to SYS.TXT and it works now.

Now to just set a proper sized arrow...

how far has anyone got to scripting something to fix the 2d north up issue? i'm browsing through igo 8.3 ui's and found some interesting scripts regarding 2d head up, i just want to know if anyone has looked into it before i start trying to incorporate them in our ui's, anyone?

I don't have the time right now to find it, but I read on here that somebody had effectively been able to use a 3D mode, but with the tilt set all the way so that it was a top-down view - then they set a registry entry to center the arrow on the screen and set all of this stuff to default... Give search a try - I'm sure it's on here.

I don't have the time right now to find it, but I read on here that somebody had effectively been able to use a 3D mode, but with the tilt set all the way so that it was a top-down view - then they set a registry entry to center the arrow on the screen and set all of this stuff to default... Give search a try - I'm sure it's on here.

i'm actually talking about the 2D itself not the workaround,

This works great! in the DATA.ZIP\project_config\pioneer.ini

under [map]

i changed the

3d_max_tiltlevel=6800

to

3d_max_tiltlevel=1000

then i turned Smart Zoom ON and this (for me) works just like "2d track up"

the map zooms in and out according to my speed and i can hit the map button to get rid of the evil red cursor and it stays in this view.

you will want to shrink the arrow and adjust the max and min zoom settings under smart zoom to your taste.

now if i could just get the arrow to be blue or green, i would be set. but for now i will be happy with gray

Ok so what exactly did you edit to be able to turn smart zoom on and still maintain your tilt? I have edited the tilt value as well to be able to view the horizon but I have to have smart zoom turned off to maintain that view.