AVIC411.com

Install Charges

"Sounds about right, be sure to ask about the dimmer wire, vss wire and if they are willing to do the bypass."

I know they mentioned the dimmer wire and VSS wire. Are these related to the bypass? Also, I just recieved my Z3 updated drive. Is the bypass possible via hack? I got it from Toomey from this board.

Thanks for all the input.

Sorry, I should have been a little more specific.

Ask them if they will be hooking up the dimmer wire and the vss wire. Often times installers will skip these two things. VSS can be difficult to find at times, and some installers like to claim the dimmer wire fries things in cars when hooked up, which is totally untrue.

A lot of shops will only hook up the brake wire correctly, for liability reasons.

So I know they mention the VSS wire having to do with the Nav ability to truly determine how you are traveling etc. So my question is, how to I confirm they have installed the VSS and Dimmer wires?

I trust them, but I just want to make sure, since these are important and I am paying for them.

Thanks

Yeah $450 sounds on par for that. Ask them before hand to make sure they hook up VSS, reverse and illumination (not dimmer). When they try and tell you you don't need them, tell them that you want it done anyway. Then when they are done, go into the connection status menu and verify they are all connected :)