AVIC411.com

Bluetooth Phone Compatibility

Has anyone seen a list of bluetooth phones the AVIC-Z1 is compatible with?

I have been trying to use it with a Treo-650 and it works fine for 15
seconds after it has connected to the phone and then drops the bluetooth
connection.

After that if I place a call from the phone itself it reconnects for the
duration of the call, and if I receive a call it conntect and allows me to
answer thru the Z1. But I cannot place a call thru the Z1 (it appears that
it is acting as if it was using a Headset bluetooth profile instead of the
Handsfree bluetooth profile).

The phone works fine with other handsfree kits I have tried (I previously
had a parrot installed).

The response I got from Pioneer tech support was "PDA phones are not
supported", which seems odd, since bluetooth is suposed to be a standard
and in a perfect world all bluetooth devices should be compatable with
each other.

Bill
Bill,

It seems you and I are in the same boat. I too have 650. Today when I installed the Bluetooth kit it did the same thing as yours. Pair up for a second and then loose the connection. After playing with it for about two hours I finally got it to work.

I called Pioneer and they said the Treo was on the compatability list, and because this unit was so new, and every Bluetooth phone works differently, there was bound to be some issues.

But now I everything working correctly. I even got to transfer my entire phonebook over to the Z1. So there is hope for you, although I cannot tell you exactly what I did, because I don't really know.

Ernie
[quote name="htrdlnc"]Bill,

It seems you and I are in the same boat. I too have 650. Today when I installed the Bluetooth kit it did the same thing as yours. Pair up for a second and then loose the connection. After playing with it for about two hours I finally got it to work.

I called Pioneer and they said the Treo was on the compatability list, and because this unit was so new, and every Bluetooth phone works differently, there was bound to be some issues.

But now I everything working correctly. I even got to transfer my entire phonebook over to the Z1. So there is hope for you, although I cannot tell you exactly what I did, because I don't really know.

Ernie[/quote]

Were you playing with options on the phone or on the Z1?
Interesting that Pioneer told you it was on their list and told me it was not..

Bill
[quote name="edrock200"]If you haven't already download the treo carkit bluetooth update. Google it and you'll see the link.[/quote]

I'm always on palm's site. I got the newest software update a few days after it came out.
[quote name="dj2ndnature"]I have a Sprint 650 so I was curious which you have. I am getting my Z1 in a week or so. Thanks![/quote]

I have a Sprint Treo 650. I have only had the Bluetooth for 1 day, so the only thing I can tell you is that my first impression is........... :x
I still havent gotten it to work, I played with just about everything
I can thing of (short of directly editing the BT config files on the palm).

My phone does have the latest software (I upgraded it a while ago when
I started using a parrot, and its still the latest version). The software
version is Treo-650-1.04-VZW (verizon CDMA)

Bill
[quote name="palter"]I still havent gotten it to work, I played with just about everything

Bill[/quote]

It's not the actual treo software, but a specific bluetooth update. More info here:
[url=http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/505-1.htm]http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/505-1.htm[/url]
I have a Sprint650 and it works well my Z1. I do turn off my headset when I am in the truck. I did have problems in the beginning when I was trying to pair the two through the phone, but when I did it throught the Z1 everything was fine. Also, my wife or anyone that I have talked to has said anything about an echo like others have mentioned.
[quote name="edrock200"] [quote name="palter"]I still havent gotten it to work, I played with just about everything

Bill[/quote]

It's not the actual treo software, but a specific bluetooth update. More info here:
[url=http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/505-1.htm]http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/505-1.htm[/url][/quote]

NM, it looks like they've combined the updates now.
I have a Sprint650 and it works well my Z1. I do turn off my headset when I am in the truck. I did have problems in the beginning when I was trying to pair the two through the phone, but when I did it throught the Z1 everything was fine. Also, my wife or anyone that I have talked to has said anything about an echo like others have mentioned.
[quote name="Navyguy"]I have a Sprint650 and it works well my Z1. I do turn off my headset when I am in the truck. I did have problems in the beginning when I was trying to pair the two through the phone, but when I did it throught the Z1 everything was fine. Also, my wife or anyone that I have talked to has said anything about an echo like others have mentioned.[/quote]

When you pair it up and asks: "car kit" or "headset", what do you set it as??