AVIC411.com

Bluetooth Phone Compatibility

Has anyone gotten an unlocked GSM Treo 650 (with 1.20 update which includes carkit update) to work with their avic-z1? I can begin the connection process, but then I get a message like "error connecting."

The avic can detect my Treo and vice versa. They continuously try to connect (resulting in constant connection noises from my phone), but it is never successfull. I paired the avic with a moto V600 just fine, though.
[quote name="palter"]Where does it ask you what type of pairing to do? My phone never asks me that
(regardless of which side I start the pairing from).

Bill[/quote]

Bill,

It would ask you that on the Treo not on the Z1. It should be in the beginning screens of the bluetooth screens.

John
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest terrygold
Maybe it's a Palm thing - I still don't have my (Verizon) Palm Treo 700w working with the Z1. It will connect and work for a minute or two, but then the Bluetooth connection drops. The call stays up on the handset, it just drops the connection to the Z1.

Terry
I have an Audiovox VX6600 (Verizon) PDA, and see the same bluetooth disconnect after several minutes. I was able to solve this problem by plugging my PDA into a charger and just letting it stay powered up. I discovered the bluetooth would disconnect whenever the PDA went to sleep. Since leaving the PDA on whenever in my vehicle, I don't loose the BT connection.
[quote name="htrdlnc"] [quote name="Navyguy"]I have a Sprint650 and it works well my Z1. I do turn off my headset when I am in the truck. I did have problems in the beginning when I was trying to pair the two through the phone, but when I did it throught the Z1 everything was fine. Also, my wife or anyone that I have talked to has said anything about an echo like others have mentioned.[/quote]

When you pair it up and asks: "car kit" or "headset", what do you set it as??[/quote]

I set it as "car kit". I have my phone and my wife's phone paired on the Z1.
  • 3 months later...
[quote name="terrygold"]Maybe it's a Palm thing - I still don't have my (Verizon) Palm Treo 700w working with the Z1. It will connect and work for a minute or two, but then the Bluetooth connection drops. The call stays up on the handset, it just drops the connection to the Z1.

Terry[/quote]

700wx is exactly the same, pairs for 1 minute then it disconnects. 700p pairs and works perfectly with the z1 (sprint 700p)