AVIC411.com

Fixing contacts makes voice dial by name work

Success!!! For anyone that's read my requests for info, over the last three days, and particularly for those who passed along the helpful comments, the deed has been done. I now have voice dialing with my Iphone 3G and 700BT. It has been a real learning experience and not without frustration, but reading your posts and receiving you assistance made all the difference. My route is to edit the db file and update in that manner. Thanks again and keep on keeping on.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all you iPhone users out there, simply go to Settings > General > International > Region Format, and change it to Austrailia. This will allow you to edit the numbers on your iPhone such that they do not have to have the +1's or parentheses. After I changed my region format, removed all special characters, and edited the numbers in my phone to 123456789 format, i re-transferred my phonebook to the f90 and all is well. Voice dialing and caller-id is flawless!

Probs to vdubu for the tip/fix!