AVIC411.com

Why the iPod 5th Gen and not the 6th Gen?

I have an ipod classic 160GB and I can play video fine on my D3

I havent checked my firmware version but from what I understand you need version 1.0.2 or something which Ive seen links on how to downgrade.

When I 1st got it I didn't think it was going to work and I was a bit unhappy to say the least, but I figured it out in about a day of messing around with it

Heres what you have to do...

1. On the D3 select the ipod and then hit the video button

It will say something like "see ipod for full control" on the D3 screen

2. Pull out your ipod. Use the ipod to select a video (make sure the TV out etc is turned on in the ipod 1st) The ipod will say something like "TV out enabled, please connect your video device"

3. Unplug the ipod and then plug it back in.

Now you can control the ipod from the D3 and the video will play

It's a bit buggy but it works

I noticed a couple of topics that stated to buy the 5th Generation Video iPood and not the 6th Gen. Is there a reason for this? I' talking about the larger 30gb-160gb iPoods. Not the Nano's.

Thanks,

Kris

Like HiFiSi said, if you want it to work without aggravation, get the fifth gen ipod.

I have a question.

I have a video iPod 5thgen I guess and it has firmware 1.2.1, iTunes is asking me to upgrade to 1.3.

Right now it works fin on the D3, has anyone had a problem with thiers on the 1.3 update?

Thanks guys.

I have a 5.5 gen and I have fw 1.3 no problem with my d3.

Sorry I guess I wasn't clear on the issue. I would like to control the playing of music from my D3 and not have to use the ipod. When I plug it into the D3 I get the "use ipod" message, but would like to see and do everything through the D3 and leave the ipod in my glovebox.

Any thoughts? It has the 1.3 firmware on it and its the 5.5 ipod.

Thanks