AVIC411.com

Excessive Vibration Warning?

I think I was in the 3D calibration window or maybe a signal strength window for XM radio, but last night I saw a line that appeared to be a self-diagnostic that said "Excessive Vibration". Should I be worried? The AVIC-Z1 seems to be working fine. The GPS signal is strong and everything else seems to be okay. Should I take my car back to the installer and have them tighten the AVIC-Z1 up if it is indeed loose? Anyone else seem this message on their AVIC-Z1 before?
i believe that has to do with the install, the way the deck is sitting in the dash. look in the settings and then connections I think that is where it tells you if your Z1 is installed properly. when I installed mine I noticed it was a little uneven and when i was in that particular screen I notice it said excessive vibration. then adjusted the deck better and went back to it an checked it and it said OK meaning the deck was sitting properly. I'm pretty sure thats what that means.

good luck

grcplaya
Thanks guys. I will schedule a time back at the installer. As far as the bass being too loud ... well, that is a possibility also. :-) I know I can usually no longer stare at the rearview mirrow for very long due to the vibrating going on there with the bass. :D
Maybe you guys should get it checked out, cause even if there are no obvious problems now it could significantly shorten the life of the hard drive and other sensitive components in the unit. Even though the Hard drive and entire unit is designed to absorb vibration from potholes and stuff like that, it might not be designed to isolate the high frequency vibrations comming from the engine. Tightening everyhting up and making sure install is correct will remove vibration from resonating on the unit,by having a firm connection, thereby maybe extending the life of your unit. Maybe thats why pioneer put that on there, to provide a warning to inproper install that can shorten life of unit.

I know the hard drive can take many gs but the vibration comming from the engine is a completely different from g forces, and maybe thats what the warning is? Maybe someone knows for sure?
[quote name="cntrylvr79"]From what I've been told, The excessive vibration message comes up when an avic is notanchored securely enough and is shifting. It has nothing to do with the hard drive in the z1.[/quote]

I was just giving the hard drive as an example, even though i bet thats why they have a sensor measuring vibration. If its not the hard drive and components or to isolate the sensors why would they have the message, so that the plastic wont shake? Or cauze it just look pretty to have a meaningless message come up every once in awhile? Obviously there are part in any electronics that do not respond well to high frequency vibrations. And yea i agree with you that i comes from an inproper install to teh vehicle, either not bolted down tight enough or there is another problem that is allowing vibration to reach the nav.
[quote name="cntrylvr79"]From what I've been told, The excessive vibration message comes up when an avic is notanchored securely enough and is shifting. It has nothing to do with the hard drive in the z1.[/quote]

I was just giving the hard drive as an example, even though i bet thats why they have a sensor measuring vibration. If its not the hard drive and components or to isolate the sensors why would they have the message, so that the plastic wont shake? Or cauze it just look pretty to have a meaningless message come up every once in awhile? Obviously there are part in any electronics that do not respond well to high frequency vibrations. And yea i agree with you that i comes from an inproper install to teh vehicle, either not bolted down tight enough or there is another problem that is allowing vibration to reach the nav.