AVIC411.com

New Navi Voices"Big Selection"Including Kitt

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if Someone is willing to put the time into doing it. Then absolutely yea. This is why I made all the videos and such. so that some one would actually try doing this and finish it up.

Its not Hard and very doable people just need to be willing to put in some time.

Well im semi-skilled in programming/coding (albeit about 5yrs rusty thanks to a Sales job!) and im sure im upto helping out with this kinda stuff in some way.

What are we lacking at the moment HackZ? Do we have all the sounds we need or are we still missing some to complete the file? because i can scan the web and try to find Kitt voice saying the words we need and then extract/cut it into a wav/mp3 file or something.

Lets get a plan together, and work on 1 of them at a time (Kitt first pls!).. first step gather all the sounds required, then once we have them we can work to cutting them into the files we need and then we can turn them into files the AVIC can read, then test and enjoy! :D

I'm not sure where you got those files. I am interesting in helping, I'm configuring my PC now with all the applications that I need to run the conversions.

Thanks for all the other voices, but I can see that they also have the same issue as Kit, where did you get all these? Tom Tom? We need those numbers! Any thoughts applications I can use to pull the audio off of movies?

Thanks and I look forward to joining the project.

Wow Thanks you all I am Glad I can Be a Help On this Forum.

I am also Very Happy to see that there still alot of people willing to help me out and not just sit and wait for this to finish itself and then click download.

DantasticVoyage, I am very Impressed! with how mush you have found and in such a short time.

Let me know if you can get the files you found, That would get this Mod Rolling Ten Fold. We could start cutting clips and adding them to the file ASAP.

marmski, Glade to know you program. Theres a few files I would like you to take a look at and tell me if you can figure something out with it. The file is "commands.csv". in here I believe if we recode it I am almost sure we can skip the whole Renaming everything step. Just take a look let me know what u figure out.

Command.csv

http://rapidshare.com/files/150158537/commands.csv.html

I will keep every one posted as much as possibile. I really plane to get this done soon. The more people the better, Any one whos in let me know, and also if theres anything else I can do.

My Aim "AOL Instant Messanger":

camaroluisz28

One Last Note:

If we can find a TomTom .csv and make it work on the Avic we wouldent even need any more files.

Nicely done Dantastic!

HackZ - I got your PM so i'll add you to MSN when i get home from work and we can have a chat a bit later. Ideally we could do with getting it to mimic TomTom files, however i think our chances of pulling that off will be limited.

Who's in to develop this then?

-HackZ

-marmski

Dantastic? anyone else that can get on MSN a few nights and see if we can crack it? (bearing in mind im on UK Time, and im assuming you guys are US?)

• 2 weeks later...