AVIC411.com

Xbox Visualiser

Hey im looking for a way to get a visualiser on the screen of my avic-d3. My idea is to hook up an xbox through the av1 input and then splice the ipod wire going to the xbox with the wire for the avic-d3 ipod cord. Then my plan is to be able to choose my song using the avic and then be able to switch to av1 and hear the same song with a visualiser. What do you think? I am waiting on an ipod cord now and i will need to purchase an xbox oh yeah it would be an xbox 360 of course. Let me know if you think it would work or have heard of anything similar.

An interesting idea, but I doubt that you're going be able to do all that splicing and get it to work. Your best bet is to run the ipod through the xbox through your nav unit. The 360 is ipod compatible (after you download the app from xbox live) and you can navigate through your ipod via the 360 dashboard that would be displayed on your nav screen. You're not going to be able to control your ipod through the nav unit, but you could get the 360 remote.

If you're looking to play music while playing the game, I think there are some games that allow you to play your music in the game. When I had Xbox 1, I remember Amped 2 did that, Forza Motorsport, and a few others, so I'm sure 360 aquired that feature as well. Also, Does the D3 have Dual Zone like the Z??