AVIC411.com

NEW european firmware update - version 1.002000

Well updated to this, can see no difference.

In the update process the majority of the file change I saw deleted and add were the voices.

Funny though my button as still silent after replacing the files mention in other threads but, the dreaded blue boxes are back, :evil:

I am getting the impression these once a month updates for europe either say they are special just for the language or other differences just for that region, or pioneer usa just doesn't give a crap.

The update is from july, two months ago, and it applied to both usa and europe

I am starting to wonder if these are two seperate companies. I mean you looka t the website design, its very nice and orderly and up to date. Pioneer usa website seems to have issues with links etc that takes months to corrects. Anyone ever click on the support link on the main page for the f series? It took you to a broken link, the manual link didn't work forever and well, I hate the complete silence regarding feedback of anything. No mention of a service update in the works.

I guess I am happy the unit works, but i am tired of the bugs and the performance issues that still are present.

I would certainly hope this isn't all she wrote and they are just working on the next gen in dash nav unit and leaving us out to dry with a still subpar unit. I can't return mine now so I get to wait it out and hope they do put out an update, eventually. I won't even jinx it by saying "soon".

Once again I just love how they make you reload the ENTIRE os for a single file I mean, call me crazy but this worries me that this company has got some very amateur engineer's writing the software. Bless the hardware design guys, but they really made a mistake going with who they did for all the software. Maybe they should hire a spy at Kenwood to figure out how they do things.

There has GOT to be a way to patch this thing with a couple megabyte "patch" instead of loading a 200mb complete load of the os.

I haven't applied the update yet, but looking at the contents of their zip files, the only difference between 1.9 and 2.0 is that iGo has gone from version 0.45 to 0.46. Wow :roll:

Well, if it's the latest build of iGO there were quite a few fixes, supposedly, so it's a good thing...

Well updated to this, can see no difference.

In the update process the majority of the file change I saw deleted and add were the voices.

Funny though my button as still silent after replacing the files mention in other threads but, the dreaded blue boxes are back, :evil:

so after the update you can still run the hack to get in to the system?

let us know please, thanks

indeed wince hack still works 8)

i have installed this update on my box.

before i did do the update i had a look at it and it includes the data.zip file. so any mod you made will be gone. i also tried to include a couple mods in the data.zip file of the update before installation but no luck. the updater is checking the files and it refused to install due file error...

so you will have to mod your data.zip file after the upgrade. :(