AVIC411.com

So I just got new 4 inch speakers in my 92 4Runner to replace the ones I blew awhile back. All this time I have had the equalizer and everything in the Z turned off (terrible, I know) and once I put in the new speakers, I got everything set up. I noticed this morning on my way to work, however, that my two subs in the back only work when I listen to the radio. If I have a DVD playing, or listen to music from the library or a CD, only the front speakers work.

Does anyone have any thoughts/ideas on how to fix this and what might be causing it? Thanks!

P.S. This little HU can really power some stuff all by itself. I don't have an amp and my "system" :lol: sounds really good, better than before the speakers blew. (I drive an ol' skool 4Runner, I'm not going to have the greatest stuff. lol)

That doesn't seem like a wiring problem...that they work during one AV source, but not the other...it really seems like an internal problem...I dont know about internal issues but I can't see how any incorrect or loose wiring is the problem.

Did you try restoring your EQ setting back to default? Maybe you changed something that is causing that? And just to rule out the HDD, try swapping HDD's if you happen to have a spare. Keep this thread updated I'm really interested in this issue.

I haven't tried restoring to defaults, I may do that but I don't see how much good that would do since the EQ is the same across the board.

The HDD suggestion I can definitely do and will once I find my old one :lol: it's somewhere in all this crap I still have to sort through after moving.

The first thing I thought of was wiring but then I ruled it out because it works on one source and not the other. It's really very confusing - and a little frustrating. Because if I listen to the radio is sounds f*in' SICK. I'm so mad that my CDs don't sound as good as my darn radio. :evil: And I don't even have HD radio! Aaaaarrrrgh.

I'll wait for some more suggestions and then if nothing works after that I might give Pioneer a call.

I just thought of something when I stepped outside, and I don't know how it could possibly be it, since you said rear speakers and not subs, but it's the only thing that could make sense..

I don't remember, but does the Z have an option to change the auto antenna from antenna to power? I can't see how it relates to your problem, but it does relate to the radio.. I'll think about it more in the morning and of course anybody who can shed more light, please.. but right now I'm baffled by that.

I don't remember, but does the Z have an option to change the auto antenna from antenna to power?

That actually worked. I'm pretty surprised by that tbh. I very much appreciate your valuable input!! I knew you'd pay me back some day for those service manuals I gave you... :lol:

Ok smarty-pants, WHY did that fix work then? :P

The blue wire on the deck is power antenna output, meaning it will only have 12 volts on the radio, powering up the antenna.

Blue/white on the deck is actually the amp turn on, which is what you should be using.

You can change the setting like you did above, but the same thing will happen again if your deck loses power or you reset it.

The blue wire on the deck is power antenna output, meaning it will only have 12 volts on the radio, powering up the antenna.

Blue/white on the deck is actually the amp turn on, which is what you should be using.

You can change the setting like you did above, but the same thing will happen again if your deck loses power or you reset it.

Bingo. That's exactly what I thought, but I didn't understand why it affected only the rear speakers. Glad I can pay my debt. Sincerely, smarty-pants :lol:

Yeah I wish I knew more about cars. Computers do me fine though :lol:

Thanks a lot for your input superjet, very easy to understand!

Do you guys have any suggestions on what I could do to achieve the following:

Keep my antenna down if I'm not listening to the radio (I hate having it up all time) and still power those back speakers? Would I be able to just tap the blue/white wire into a 12 volt line or would that just draw too much power?

Do you guys have any suggestions on what I could do to achieve the following:

Keep my antenna down if I'm not listening to the radio (I hate having it up all time) and still power those back speakers? Would I be able to just tap the blue/white wire into a 12 volt line or would that just draw too much power?

Attach the antenna to the Blue wire (set the settings to antenna), and the amp to the Blue/White wire. Antenna will only go up when the radion is on, but the amp will always be on.