AVIC411.com

Please stop asking questions about torrent and rar

These people crying out for help on using rar and torrent really need to get off their butts and do a search on their favorite search engine.

First search for and download 7-zip (thats a free software that un-compresses rar files and many others).

After u install it then right click on the rar file u are trying to open and choose "extract here". Thats it.

As for torrent u need a torrent software program. Same way as you need Adobe acrobat reader to open a pdf file, you need a torrent software to open a .torrent file.

I like "BitComet". search for that and install it. The actual torrent file is very small but then you open that little file with BitComet and thats when the real download begins for the ACTUAL movie, pirate software, or pirated CD or whatever it is you are trying to get your hands on.

You owe it to yourself to figure torrent out as it is much better than LimeWire or the rest of the P2P fileshare programs.

Want to see every UFC ever for free? Want to get any CD ever for free?

Well if you answer yes then figure out how to use torrent. It is not hard and this forum is not the place to ask these kinds of questions.

Search for "how to extract rar files" and "torrent how to noob" and all the answers are there man.

I can see trying to save money on updated navigation discs, but all the crying, and whining is really annoying. Every one of us spent hundreds of dollars on our navigation units, yet they're complaining about every little thing about Pioneer, and how expensive discs are. Well, buy some other name brand and get off the damn site! Quit bitching about how expensive it is. Go in with someone or a couple of people and split the costs. That's a lot less headache than trying to wait for something to fall out of the sky for free. Like a bunch of Hummer owners complaining about gas. :roll:

Please! And STOP PM'ING ME ASKING IF I MAKE/SELL COPIES OF OR WILL SEED A TORRENT FOR THE NEW DISK! I don't even have a fucking D3, let alone the disks for one. Ridiculous people. Leave me the hell alone.

Even you get PM's? You were part of the F series GB when it first released, what the hell?

I have to agree. Though I don't own a D series or N series, I do read the map disc threads to keep up to par as much as possible, and the constant "where can I find the discs" or "did you post the discs yet" posts are way excessive.

Here's a tip. Some one buy the damn discs, make copies, and then sell them for $10 a set. You'll make a killing and everybody else saves over $100. Even if you only sell 12 copies you already made your money back. Everyone wins. Problem Solved.

And screw Pioneer if you're worried about getting busted, all they know about you is your user name on a forum, and that's even if they catch on to it...which they won't. They can't do a damn thing.

actually, that's the most illegal way to do it. North of the border here owning downloaded software is a grey area with the law. I had well over 10,000 mp3s and sitting in a Law Enforcement Agency polygraph test I admitted to that, all I got was a "well, that makes you look bad, you should delete some"

now if i were selling burnt CDs to friends, or bootleg copies, like you're proposing and making profit off of it. That is a criminal offense.

I didn't say it wasnt illegal I said Pioneer won't know who to charge for it. Whoever does it can make a thread asking who is looking for a new map disc, and the sales go through PM's for those who posted.

Garrettoomey's sold countless Z1 -> Z3 drives and still does without problems, it's the same thing.

Wow. Didn't know people were going to that high of lengths to annoy people. I think at max I pm'd like TWO people for the password since I missed the *edit* of it lol.

I mean what is torrent, do I need winrar for it? will I go to jail for it? wait, what is .uif? magic iso, whats that? whats magic and what is an iso? torrent program, is that something that uses torrents? :roll:

Granted, I am in the IT field, so it's easy for me. But even people I know that are not can do this stuff and don't ask me any questions about it. Google is always your friend and in most cases can help you faster than asking somebody for the help. OT : I'm still seeding the torrent for the west disc, over 20GB seeded so far..

eGo

I always thought a torrent was a really bad rain storm...

Well if you think of it as a metaphor, that's kind of how a torrent works. Bits and pieces of the file are downloaded from all the other users seeding the torrent on their computers and it combines them on your end... and just like when it rains, the water comes down in many small drops, but if you catch them all it will eventually form a pool of water.

That's what limewire does too right? only torrents are much more organized and are capable of seeding full albums and movies and such correct?

Ive gotten away from limewire lately, found that ive been catchin more than a few virus' from that site. Been using BitTorrent and thepiratebay.org with good results