AVIC411.com

Euro Spec F900BT - Upgrade to Voice Control?

I posted this in General too, but didnt seem to get a reply so maybe wrong forum part - i'll try here :)

Is this possible?

I have done alot of reading which confirmed my confusions when i couldnt get Voice Control on my Euro (UK) model F900BT and it sounds like it doesnt have the feature?

Can we perhaps just take the files that refer to the voice control from the US model and add it to the Euro files maybe?

Let me know your thoughts

(Great forum BTW)

Ant

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I believe our Aus model is the same, when I first brought my AVIC f900bt I didn't realise it didn't have the Voice Control, no mention on the website or anything, The voice control was one of the things that drew me to f900bt, I was really unhappy when I found out we didn't have the voice control on our model, especially seeing we probably pay more to purchase this unit compared to other countries. I rang pioneer to ask if this was just a software update and will we get the voice control in a future update and they said no, the US model also has hardware differences as well, I really hope they are wrong.

heres a list of the files the update AVIC_F700BT_AVIC_F900BT_APL_1900 doesnt have compared to the US update

LPUE080\APL2\iGo\data.zip\ui_pioneer\common\

address.ui

advmenu.ui

basmenu.ui

browsemap.ui

common.ui

coord.ui

favorite.ui

general.ui

geocoding.ui

history.ui

langvoice.ui

legacy_variables.ui

legal.ui

model_variables.ui

msnd.ui

navigatemap.ui

place.ui

poi.ui

route.ui

setting.ui

speedcam.ui

start.ui

tmc.ui

track.ui

variable_def.ui

data.rar

Cool, thanks for these... do any of them relate to the Voice Control?

I can see the MSN Direct and mainly things that seem to relate to navigation? also mine is upgraded to Version 002000 from the latest Firmware upgrade (initially thinking that was my Voice Control probs.. then i read here)... will it 'brick' the unit if i update some files to older versions?

Perhaps it is a hardware thing? Does anyone have any idea what the hardware differences are between US and EU?

heres a list of the files the update AVIC_F700BT_AVIC_F900BT_APL_1900 doesnt have compared to the US update

LPUE080\APL2\iGo\data.zip\ui_pioneer\common\

address.ui

variable_def.ui

Weird, these are _all_ the UI files that make up iGO interface. It will not work at all without any of them...

I have just checked the new data.zip that i got with my latest firmware update and it does have all these files.. however they are further into the directory system on the EU:

data.zip\ui_pioneer\common\ui\

If i have an un-modified unit, can i just modify the data.zip from the Firmware update instead of having to take the one from the unit? or will it be customised by the change of splash screen and button colours i have done from inside the menus? (because i would prefer not to have to do all that again) :D

Great work here guys... really love forums like this for pieces of hardware like we have invested in... its most of the fun! :D :D :D

These files are only needed in the /common/ui subfolder. For whatever reason, Pioneer duplicated them in /common itself, but they do not need to be there.

DATA.ZIP from the firmware update should be the same as on the unmodified unit.

I did some reading :)

The US manual says you have to put the unit in English (US) program language in order for voice control to work .

The european units contain all european languages (dutch , german , french , ....) and english (UK) and its little appendix down under (English AU)

So I reckon if we somehow put English (US) on it it might just work ...

Interesting thread this. Hopefully it will pan out.

While trawling for other files, completely intent upon a completely different mission I stumbled across the Voice operation software imbedded in there somewhere. I live in Norway, so I'm guessing I have the same firmware as the rest of Europe, in spite of residing outside the Great Union.

Unfortunately I can't remember where I saw it, but look for the phrase: VoiceBox. This is the name of the company who makes the Voice operation software for Pioneer and I found it or an abbreviation of it in one of the filenames in there somewhere.

Hope this may be of some help :)