AVIC411.com

Euro Spec F900BT - Upgrade to Voice Control?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VBCInfo.DAT for US-spec А-90 has:

LPUC1-1-C

The UC here denotes US+Canada while Europe is identified with an EW (not EU!). So LPEW1-1-C means Europe. The thing is, I think location ID is also hardwired into the unit. I discovered this while trying to open WinCE and had to change a setting in the MapDBInfo.txt file.

You may know this already, but if not... now you do :)

So i wonder if the unit would work if we added these voice files from the US? Must be some DLL's for it as well in there i guess?

The thing that concerns me / makes me wonder if it perhaps isnt possible is the fact that no-one has managed to boot a US model into EU mode yet by the sounds of it... so im assuming their must be some sort of hardware (or a very hidden software file in Windows CE) that is halting this.

From the limited time i have spent on this forum (only had my unit on order for under a week and installed last sat) its fairly clear that we have some very talented programmers/hackers... so if you guys cant do it, then its probably not possible! :D

no-one has managed to boot a US model into EU mode yet by the sounds of it... s

A thought here is that there are completely different map-sets installed on UC and EW units. Could WinCE be using the map-sets to ID location of unit? Does the VoiceBox software require you to have UC map-set to work?