AVIC411.com

Edit Your PhoneBook

• 2 weeks later...

I have an HTC Touch (Sprint) and I am having a problem syncing my contacts, so I was wondering if someone could upload a file of what it would look like if contacts synced correctly into this folder so I can just manually add all my contacts in. Just post here, PM me, MSN me [tycoonbob@Live], whichever. But it would be greatly appreciated.

--I just got my F90BT installed last night [minus the VSS and Reverse wires as I am not sure YET where they go] and I am playing around a lot so I soon hope to contribute a lot to these forums in due time.

=]

I have an HTC Touch (Sprint) and I am having a problem syncing my contacts, so I was wondering if someone could upload a file of what it would look like if contacts synced correctly into this folder so I can just manually add all my contacts in. Just post here, PM me, MSN me [tycoonbob@Live], whichever. But it would be greatly appreciated.

--I just got my F90BT installed last night [minus the VSS and Reverse wires as I am not sure YET where they go] and I am playing around a lot so I soon hope to contribute a lot to these forums in due time.

=]

I have the Treo 700Wx (Sprint). What I had to do was in the contacts edit page, under "Categories" make sure the "CarKit" box is checked.

Following up on the post about the Touch and the F90BT- I just installed my F90BT and tried to import my phonebook into it. The phone is paired but when I go to select a contact and beam it from my HTC Touch it says "To beam, select a device" but the Pioneer doesn't show up, hence no import. Any ideas on what is happening here? Thx!

BTW - how do i get to USERDATA to do these entries?

I got a F900BT and a HTC S710 phone. I was able to transfer my phone book without any problems. Like paradroid I also had 2 - 3 times the same name.

To get to the \USER\UserData\PHONEDATA you need to follow the steps on:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17542

Then I modified the file "PhoneBook1783b838a1.db" with sqliteexpert and added (H), (M) and (O). You even can delete contacts that you don't want in your F900BT. Keep in mind that when you change contacts in your phone and do a transfer again with your phone; all modification are lost in the db file and F900BT.

So many thanks to paradroid

For anyone else who may end up needing to do this, I couldn't find an sql script to automate this so I downloaded the Expert Trial and saved the db out as a .csv. Then you can take this into a text editor (I used dreamweaver) and 'Find and Replace' the various ()- marks to be left with digits only. Reimport this back into your file with the 'Delete Existing Info' checked and you're done.